DEX Backups without BDD?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by overlord00, Sep 27, 2012.

1. overlord00
    OP

overlord00 A motherfucking birdplane

Sep 12, 2009
    As far as i have read, there is nowhere that gives me a straight answer for this;
    If I have a PHAT PS3 without a BDD (totally removed), can I a) convert it to DEX and b) play backups without said BDD
    Thanks

EDIT: I ask this because PS3's without the BDD on CFW/OFW were next-to useless.

2. Maverick Lunar X

Maverick Lunar X GBAtemp Fan

May 5, 2009
    United States
    I'm not positive on DEX, but I do know the current version of Rogero's CFW has a NoBD patch from the get go. Backup managers are a little more finicky, but its a game by game case.

3. overlord00
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    as far as I recall, it does infact disable the BDD on install (so you can install a CFW) however backup managers were worthless and could not be used.
    I have not tested that though, just what I read. Probably start there first and wait to see if anyone else can provide me with some answers.

4. Banny33

Banny33 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2012
    UK
    Id be grateful if you could provide an update on any progress you make, also what FW is your ps3 running atm.

5. overlord00
    OP

Sep 12, 2009
    unfortunately at this stage it seems that my PS3 has failed me. It now will no longer turn on so I will be unable to test.
    Tried a heatgun reflow and nothing. Maybe some beeps, some fan action and nothing.
    Sorry @Banny33... I too would have liked to know the answer.

Perhaps someone in the future will be able to shed some light. I know I still want to know if this works.
    It'll probably save a bunch of PS3s that are currently in storage.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice