Not open for further replies.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? The biggest piece of news ever to hit the wii homebrew scene and it gets locked so we can't discuss it? Sigh.

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At this point we hardly have any info on it, so any discussion would just be speculation, mostly on how the anti-piracy will work. Along with that will come people bitching and whining at the developer because they don't think AP should be added, which will probably discourage the developer from continuing work. Well some of us may just want to talk about how incredibly amazing Devolution is, there will always be the people who will freak out because they may not be able to play all the games they want for free using it.

Because all this, the discussion quickly goes off topic, which is why it is now locked. In my opinion, it was a good choice, at least until tueidj releases more info about it.

Reactions: 8 people

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It surely is the most interesting thing to hit the Wii for a long, long time. I am a big supporter of Devolution.
It will be great to play my old Gamecube-games without having them wearing out my lens!
The compatibility is looking good too, the release being a couple of months away. =)

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why we can not talk about it?Devolution is the most promising thing that hit Wii homebrew after the DML explosion!
We need a thread to talk about it,for developers to report their progress or even exchanging technical knowledge,,,
Why not? :)

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I amend my previous statement, if I were a mod I would leave this thread open but instantly remove any AP speculative posts.

The only reason why earlier I wanted to see this thread closed is because I don't trust that people won't get off topic yet again like the last thread.

Reactions: 1 person

panmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I amend my previous statement, if I were a mod I would leave this thread open but instantly remove any AP speculative posts.

The only reason why earlier I wanted to see this thread closed is because I don't trust that people won't get off topic yet again like the last thread.

I agree 100% with you.As long as people would NOT discuss about AP (which is completely silly) this thread would be a perfect place to discuss for technical stuff,compatibility,know-how and -if we are lucky- even some progress report directly from tuesdj.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
...except that there is no technical stuff to discuss as it is closed source. Same for the know-how. Developers won't be exchanging technical info, as it's just a one man show. Who can have his thread reopened if he wants to add something that isn't said before.

Result: it'll be pure speculation, hopes, wishes and perhaps a bit of theorycrafting that is unhindered by technical expertise ("I think that tueidj coded a cMIOS that appends the MEM2 to the ARAM by inserting hexadeximal overrides that could free up codespace to expand the GC mode to include USB drivers, extra controllers and all that jazz.").

This 'll be a fun thread... :P

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Nothing was released, and the project was bare explained.

Inevitable speculations, off topic posts and crazyness will load some pages here, as it did with the original topic. At least is what I think :P

The other topic will be opened again when the creator of Devolution release some material/information that allows a more healthy and productive discussion.

The End

KingMuk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blame it on all the idiots arguing about the loading of backups/retail discs etc. The next thread to be locked will be the Wiiflow one

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think this thread should at least be moved out of the wii hacking section. Speculation does not equal wii hacking. Didn't the WiiU speculation thread get moved out of the wii hacking section? How is this different?
Well, I guess the Wii hacking section is for all topics that don't fit in the other Wii related forums.To what forum would you move this topic? (btw, tueidj posted his devolution thread in the wii hacking section)

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Now I am guilty because I am continuing more than what is really needed...

But seriously, this thread is garbage and should not have ever been created.

Mods, please close this.

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This will pretty much be the holy grail of usb loading on the Wii. I'm glad I held out on getting a WODE. What is wrong with speculating on Devolution? I would be happy to send tueidj a couple gamecube games for testing. I wonder what kind of bugs games could have running in Wii mode. That would be fine if the thread was moved to another section, but tueidj was answering in the original thread before it was closed so maybe he would chime in?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So this thread should be closed because Devolution hasn't been released yet? By this logic, how come that threads like this are still open for discussion?
Remember guys, this is a discussion forum.

The only valid reason why this thread should be closed is because of this post and this post only.

KarlKarls

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
So this thread should be closed because Devolution hasn't been released yet? By this logic, how come that threads like this are still open for discussion?
Remember guys, this is a discussion forum.

The only valid reason why this thread should be closed is because of this post and this post only.

Stop discussion on a discussion forum. Love the concept. Anyways.
I like that the developer has his head in the right place, with respect for the console and it's games at the forefront, but as many have stated there are way too many situations where legit owners wouldn't be able to put it to use if he enacts his "anti-piracy" fetish. I for one would not be using his loader, and I have many GC backups from legit games that I paid for that have become damaged. My cousin has about 10 of my GC games at his house in another state. How do you suppose I get those disks back? Why should I have to shave ALL my disks @ 10 bucks each just to get them running again just to use Devolution? Make it right, make it useable (by EVERYONE) or don't make it all is my suggestion.

+1 for leaving this thread open
-1 to all whining like little girls about closing it. how exactly does an open thread effect you? oh it doesnt. shut up.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
The man hasn't even released anything yet and all people seem to want to do is bitch and moan about potential AP. I might barely be considered a low-level dev in terms of technical skills, but I know this would piss me right off if I was in tueidj's position (so in that sense I can relate). I'm all for freedom of speech (or text), but if you want to speculate about devolution AP, find someplace else to do it. When tuiedj created his original topic in the Wii Hacking section, it was an announcement relevant to Wii hacking. His thread was closed for a reason, because the thread got derailed and no longer became relevant to wii hacking but instead became a speculative AP discussion. If this thread heads in the same direction, what do you think is going to happen? Either it will get locked, or moved to a more appropriate\general section.

And how does an open thread effect me you ask? It doesn't until it does... do you think it's impossible for all this AP talk to make tueidj throw his hands in the air and say "fuck it"? I don't know him well enough to say one way or another, but I'd say that it's not impossible (if this project proves anything, it's that nothing is impossible)... everyone has a breaking point, if you want to test his limits, go right ahead.

+2 to tueidj, 1 for his awesome new project, and 2 for not letting all the AP talk discourage him (and I hope it stays that way)

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Now that I hear it fully it sounds slightly familiar