1. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Since I didn't see a specific changelog posted here yet I thought I'd make up my own and post it. Here's what seems to have been changed between r200 and r234 (just based on a quick skimming of the readmii and the source code)
    -Now compatible with Ouya controllers
    -Can communicate with PS3 controllers through Bluetooth OR through USB (USB is new here)
    -Can simulate a GameCube keyboard with a USB keyboard OR a Bluetooth keyboard (Bluetooth is new here)
    -Can take screenshots
    -Can simulate real GameCube drive speeds (needs loader update to add the option)
    -Can use NAND for saves (needs loader update to add the option AND the user would have to create the card on NAND manually)
    -Can update system menu's playlog to show what gamecube games you've been playing
    -Can get rid of those annoying little black bars on the side of the screen some games artifially added in to adjust for overscan (default loader does it automatically, other loaders need update)
    -Improved widescreen patching for some games that previously had glitches when in widescreen.

anything I missed? I'm sure there could be

MassiveRican likes this.
  2. endoverend

endoverend AKA zooksman

United States
    Wow... what doesn't this have?
    Oh yeah... support for iso's without the disc. :P

3. Shiranui-san

Shiranui-san GBAtemp Regular

Take a look to Cyan's post a lil' bit up to know about NAND save feature. As regards changes, support for OUYA controller and the screenshots feature are the most striking ones in this version. There is an updated changelog included in the new revision.

4. TayTayTheKiller

TayTayTheKiller Forever noob

Dose the modem emulation work on wiiU?

Cheers.

Edit>>>>>

Never mind answered my own question.

I managed to connect to pso:ep3 via Wii U, but couldn't manage it on the wii just kept getting error 100 line disconnected.

Just waiting on my new pso ep1&2 disc to come in the post.

Also just wanted to say a massive thank you to the devs for making this possibly for me. Absolutely crazy the thought of playing pso-gc online on Wii U!!

Thank you very much!

5. SuperrSonic

SuperrSonic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
    -Japanese titles show the correct font now, meaning you need to use a loader to set an individual memory card or it will ask to format.
    -If Wii is set to 480i, games no longer automatically ask if you want to use progressive scan. (If using component cables in the first place)
    -The Sonic Heroes and Burnout 2 problems were fixed, and a few others too but I can't remember.

Actually that's just how GC/Wii games naturally are. Both have a PAR of 11:10, which are pretty thin pixels. The video hardware lets you upscale horizontally up to 720. In other words the "crop overscan" devo has is just stretching the display by 32 pixels.

6. N7Kopper

N7Kopper Proud lover of a three-inch girlfriend

United Kingdom
    Video mode forcing and patching came to mind for me.
    Sure, I play games on my Wii with component cables on an ancient CRT TV, but I still want to see F-Zero GX in upscaled HD on the Wii U. On the PAL version. Which needs to be forced into it. But this loader won't ever get that, I guess. Dunno why, other than a dev's personal preference, I think.

Mm. I guess if I ever get a Wii U, hopefully by then Nintendont will work with real memory cards. Or at least let you change the emulated path. If neither of those, I guess I could always use the old, manual method.

7. KyoufuNoDaiou

KyoufuNoDaiou Member
    Newcomer

United States
    r239 has been released.

Maxternal likes this.
  8. SirByte

SirByte GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    I do have a WiiU and I don't see an official method of inserting GC memory cards :) I also have a Wii, but that's the "family edition" so no-go there either. But even if I had, it'd be preferable for the emulator to use modern media, so the SD card or external USB drive (please stay the hell out of my NAND).

9. Shiranui-san

Shiranui-san GBAtemp Regular

Verification for TLOTR: The Return of the King and TLOTR: The Third Age has been fixed in r239. Thanks tueidj!

10. darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu Advanced Player

Brazil
    tueidj keeps improving devolution. Now wired xbox controllers are supported.

cvskid likes this.
  11. Nintendo Maniac

Nintendo Maniac GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Maxternal, do you have a dedicated link for your Devolution Sample Loader Mod in your signature or in a thread or something?
    EDIT: Found it, though it wasn't where I expected. It's in the thread with his WiiFlow plugins of all things.

Also, does someone have a copy of the loader.bin for r234? I need it for my old-version archives...
    EDIT: Aquired, thanks.

To clarify for everyone else, that's support for Xbox 360 controllers, not support for original Xbox controllers.

12. drakorex

drakorex GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Is it possible to use an emulated save for games like Pokemon Colosseum/XD?

13. AntonPopov

AntonPopov Newbie
    Newcomer

Does anyone try gba link cable connection between emulator and devolution? is any tutorial how do this work?

14. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

that's kind of just on the feature wish list list still. it can't do that yet

15. protivakid

protivakid Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    So to use this it looks like you rip the original copy onto an SD. Boot the game from SD, then put the original disc in for verification?

Will this work on both the regular GC PSO & the Plus version?

16. Nintendo Maniac

United States
    Why wouldn't it? Nearly all GameCube games work perfectly with Devolution, and it even supports modem emulation for playing online in PSO (were there any other games that used the modem adapter?).

Also you don't actually have to rip your disc, you just need to make sure that the ISO is similar enough the disc that your verifying (I say similar enough because trimmed/compressed ISOs work for some games).

17. Hozu

Hozu GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    To be fair, if you don't already have an .iso of the game, it would probably be faster to rip your own game. And if you're unfortunate enough to have limited bandwidth usage... Of course, you can always trim/compress your own rip too.

18. Nintendo Maniac

United States
    The idea is that scratched discs can't make clean a ISO rip but can still verify an ISO aquired from elsewhere.

19. OriginalHamster

OriginalHamster UStealthy

Cote d'Ivoire
    Don't know if djtuei reads this topic anymore, but anyway just as an idea, it would be nice for people that use Devo on Wii U to have some sort of UStealth.

20. ExxodKingofDemise

Newcomer

United States

Hey tueidj, I was having trouble trying to connect to my own private server. At first, I entered the IP of the DNS server on the page where it asked for automatic or manual DNS IP. When that failed, I then tried to combine the IP and port into a 6 byte decimal integer, but PSO would not even try dialing it.

I don't know if this helps, but my DNS server is COX.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Devolution, Release, Public