1. Armadillo

Armadillo GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    I tried with my chip, doesn't work.

Resident evil 0, backed up with clean rip.

Launch devolution, disc drive flashes twice, put original in, flashes 5 times and boots.

Burnt iso to disc, cleared the dvv files so it wants verification again. Disc drive flashes twice, stick burnt copy in, no boot. Disc drive spins the disc up and then sits on a black screen and spins down. It doesn't say anything about it being a copied disc or give any indication from the drive light. It just does nothing.

2. KiiWii

KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    @tueidj has implemented very good system for varification.

Hats off :)

Btw Devolution is awesome, thank you for releasing it :)

3. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Someone already dropped a file in a hex editor and it does have the GameID at the beginning but then it has a bunch of garbled mess that I'm sure is encrypted. It could be encrypted WITH the console's private keys but someone could get the private keys from BootMii and mess with it too easily or could even be encrypted by some other arbitrary means and just contain or somehow otherwise be signed with the private keys. It may not even be console specific at all but just time stamp specific (which seems quite effective in and of itself). It may even be something much more subtle having to do with exactly how the app writes the time stamp in the first place or where it is physically on the disk. Who knows.

No one's actually tested passing the HDD from console to console to see if that's a reasonable workaround for people with dead drives but one way or another it's some pretty effective AP. When [member='tueidj'] does something he does it well.

1 person likes this.
  4. air2004

air2004 Air

United States
    What is the purpose of the AP measure in this ? Seriously

5. DarkShinigami

DarkShinigami #1 strongest Shinigami BANKAI

United States
    hmm interest has been piqued well im off to see if REmake ir RE0 works be back in a few days(gotta beat em for extensive testing)

6. snakepliskin2334

snakepliskin2334 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    can this work on its own or can you integrate this with usbloader like cfg or gx and wiiflow ?

7. wiismodrome

wiismodrome flubber

Sweden
    Nope.... after multiple tries, Rogue Leader is still not working with r94.

Game ID is GSWE64. ISO is in /games. MD5 is 0bf391bee90da09d6042016d23e7a9b1. Have CleanRipped twice with no changes to Devolution's behavior. Curiously, Devolution does generate an authentication file, but it appears empty (no characters). Other games authenticate fine, and the files generated for the other games show a game ID.

When I try to launch Rogue Leader, the LED flashes twice. I insert the GC disc to verify, and after a moment there are what appears to be five quick flashes, then the Wii hard locks on a black screen.

8. Maxternal

Both, just depends on which one you download from the first post.

1 person likes this.
  9. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Seriously? It's to prevent piracy. That is sort of the point of AP measures...

Anyway, tueidj said in the first post that this was NOT a thread for discussing the AP and/or trying to crack it. So the discussion about the AP which is sort of taking over the thread should probably be taken elsewhere ;)

2 people like this.
  10. snakepliskin2334

snakepliskin2334 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    ok thanks because i tryed it last night on its own and when i click on mount to usb drive western digital 320gb it gave me a failed to mount error ???

11. wiismodrome

wiismodrome flubber

Sweden
    Oh... forgot to mention that my 1:1 rip of Rogue Leader works perfectly with DIOS MIOS.

12. Coto

Coto -

Chile
    I wonder if the DVD drive could return a flag telling you if the actual media is a Wii-Disc or DVD-Video disc. Or if devolution expects data to be at certain spots like on original media

edit: Uhh, the validation stuff is one of their features, I don't intend to sneak deeper into it, as it's just a simple guess. Also, it's not necessary to create more topics about it. yep

13. tronic307

tronic307 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Western Digital Essentials 1.5TB HDD, Fat32, 32kB clusters, won't mount (4 flashes), and this drive works with everything from UNEEK to WiiFlow. My SD card boots fine with the test game, Metroid Prime, with scratchy audio, and says NMM save is corrupted, but the same save works with Dios Mios. Also, why does the Devolution loader resize the save?

14. wiismodrome

wiismodrome flubber

Sweden
    From OP:

15. Maxternal

It probably does. There's all kinds of information that shows up in Nero tools or in ImgBurn when you put a disk in that I'm sure Devo has access to. In fact, given that someone even tried to verify with their burned copy on a chipped Wii, [member='tueidj']'s AP is far better than Nintendo's.

Anyway, sorry for getting stuck on the AP topic so much. I can't speak for those who are actually complaining about it :glare: but I for one am really intrigued about the technical aspects of how it's accomplished (even if my speculation will never be confirmed ... or denied). The discussion has also been fueled by those with broken and GC-disk rejecting drives and questions about whether they can one day take advantage of this. There was a a thread about possible GC-compatibility on the Wii U and [member='tueidj'] piped up and mentioned devolution as a solution to the problem but I would assume the actual drive would just spit the disks out on a Wii U too. That makes it all the more interesting how the verification process would work for those who can't presently verify disks.

EDIT :
    Okay, I'll get off it already. (EDIT2 : It's just really tempting to dissect that "dead horse," though.)

1 person likes this.
  16. camurso_

camurso_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Portugal
    Its inevitable. It´s like going to a strip club and mustn´t mention boob sizes...

17. Maxternal

This is another point for those who were saying it's not accepting their disks. Unless it actually spits it out you might just have to wait. Good news.

18. PatrickD85

PatrickD85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I actually stumbled on this ... I was switching between pc and wii (my tv is used for both ;))
    Now testing it with one more game. It being 1080 have to store the actual ISO on the drive again.
    Will report back in about 15 minutes.

19. Maxternal

I know GC games have an internal checksum in them, anyone know a good tool to verify my dump so I can see if it's really a bad rip or if I'm being rejected for another reason?

20. Hozu

Hozu GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I was about to ask if there was a compatibility list for this yet but then I noticed the OP is barely over 24 hours old. Interesting AP to say the least.

Virtual memory card eh? The only thing that worries me are games that have protected save files...

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Devolution, Release, Public