Hacking Devolution - Even better than the real thing?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Princess Peach castle demo? It'll never run on Devolution so long as the antipiracy is in effect, since it never had a pressed disk, or at least not a public release. And no, it won't run your original disks, aside from verifying them to let you play ISOs.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
What about Gc tech demo. It has some framerate drops, specially on wireframe mode and with AA turned on, it would be a good test. It possible to run the demo.

And a stupid question about the program... it's even possible to run original GC games from the disc?? Just to try if it runs better.
It'd be interesting if you were one of the few people able to actually get your hands on the disc ... one of the demo disks sent to retail stores would be more likely to get your hands on. (EDIT : come to think of it, a mod chip might be able to get around that.)

I think the running straight from the real disk idea had been mentioned before. It would be a cool idea to implement but I kinda think [member='tueidj'] didn't actually like the idea enough when it was mentioned to actually do so.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
The Princess Peach castle demo? It'll never run on Devolution so long as the antipiracy is in effect, since it never had a pressed disk, or at least not a public release. And no, it won't run your original disks, aside from verifying them to let you play ISOs.
What would be the point in it running original discs anyway?

gbatenp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wiimote and Classic controller support (when supported) AND maybe better framerate in games with that problems.
:P

I was thinking about testing some of my original games in that particular regard, so i asked. And loading .ISO files from dvd?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Wiimote and Classic controller support (when supported) AND maybe better framerate in games with that problems.
:PI was thinking about testing some of my original games in that particular regard, so i asked. And loading .ISO files from dvd?
As well as BBA support and GBA over WiFi and while I can understand if you're thinking that even with the original disk you could still install it to the HDD and then play anyhow but it would be cool if a friend brings his disk over to be able to play on the fly without the whole installation process.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So negative