Homebrew DevMenu as Launcher.dat possible?

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering :/ I know we can use ROP MULTILOADER .nds to run either a homebrew or a MT/GW launcher, and the MSET exploit has full kernal access, so can't we make a DevMenu/BigBlueBox as a Launcher.dat?

Reactions: Margen67

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just wondering :/ I know we can use ROP MULTILOADER .nds to run either a homebrew or a MT/GW launcher, and the MSET exploit has full kernal access, so can't we make a DevMenu/BigBlueBox as a Launcher.dat?

Not too useful, actually DevMenu is only for CIA installing when you're on Emunand, so, if you have it as a launcher, you will be able to install CIAs, but not to launch them.

Reactions: leerpsp

Slushie3DS

Cold Beverage Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm pretty sure they'd become too large of a binary to work.

gothicall

Blah blah blah!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I dont really understand.... You'd just install them but not launch them?

No no, hum, when you use DevMenu you want to install CIAs as a channels, no? Well, the only way to open those channels is via Emunand. So, if you have Bluemenu as launcher.dat, then, how do you think you'll be able to open it if you use your *.dat for the devmenu and not for the launcher of the emunand? I don't know if you understand my point.

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no, hum, when you use DevMenu you want to install CIAs as a channels, no? Well, the only way to open those channels is via Emunand. So, if you have Bluemenu as launcher.dat, then, how do you think you'll be able to open it if you use your *.dat for the devmenu and not for the launcher of the emunand? I don't know if you understand my point.

I understand :) Thanks for explaining But after it installs the CIA file can't you plug your SD card into your computer and then replace the CIA program Launcher.dat with MT's or Gateway's to boot into EmuNAND.

Kafke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand :) Thanks for explaining But after it installs the CIA file can't you plug your SD card into your computer and then replace the CIA program Launcher.dat with MT's or Gateway's to boot into EmuNAND.

In order to run the illegitimate CIAs, you'd need gateway (or MT) mode. Which requires a card, and you'd just be able to run devmenu on that anyway. Which defeats the purpose of using it as a launcher.dat.

This is somewhat correct. If you make/find/install 'legit/clean' CIAs (which just recently started popping up online), you can install using devmenu, and then run using sysnand or even after a system transfer. This is because they aren't tied to the ticket and are signed correctly, so they can be run without the exploits. The trick would be installing them. Which devmenu could do.

Either way, there's not really a point to devemenu as a launcher.dat, since if you can run the launcher.dat, you can boot up into CFW or gateway mode and run devmenu in there (which would be needed for illegitimate CIAs anyway).

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This could work if you patched the system and booted back into sysnand instead of emunand, but at that point you can still just run devmenu...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool