m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
btw those functions are pretty useless (mostly error printing) and some checks for cheats, I went lazy just removed that

It will be added to CI/CD later

@CatmanFan Well you can be (""kinda"") proud, i'll leave your stuff in :> But you don't get a cookie, because you didn't know what you did""

Last edited by m4xw,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
btw those functions are pretty useless (mostly error printing) and some checks for cheats, I went lazy just removed that

It will be added to CI/CD later

@CatmanFan Well you can be (""kinda"") proud, i'll leave your stuff in :> But you don't get a cookie, because you didn't know what you did""
Damn, I'm embarrassed and roasted af right now.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry for all the drama. Y'all should know I'm still a not-so-patient noob lol
Anyway, I just feel like testing that build.

@Leonidas87 Remove the big image but keep the thumbnail.

Just frustration, I know the feeling. Maybe you now have a bit more appreciation for my work :>

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Just frustration, I know the feeling. Maybe you now have a bit more appreciation for my work :>
I know you're a bit frustrated too.
Looking back, it was easy as pie for me to port Beetle-NGP and Gambatte, but Beetle-PSX just seems like a very scrambled mess to look at. I don't even want to talk about the N64 cores.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I know you're a bit frustrated too.
Looking back, it was easy as pie for me to port Beetle-NGP and Gambatte, but Beetle-PSX just seems like a very scrambled mess to look at. I don't even want to talk about the N64 cores.
Pissed off is the better term for me. btw it doesn't load any rom's. I try again with the switch branch

Btw the call to overwrite platform= was a brain fart of me. You set it with make platform=switch, you probably didnt do that?

So it compiled it for windows msys (.a do not care about linker errors), and when you build retroarch shit hits the fan

Last edited by m4xw,
Reactions: Leonidas87

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Pissed off is the better term for me. btw it doesn't load any rom's. I try again with the switch branch

Btw the call to overwrite platform= was a brain fart of me. You set it with make platform=switch, you probably didnt do that?
It doesn't matter which term we use, it's basically the same meaning.
Also, looking at your grammar in that post, I assume you're busy.
Yes, I did make the libretro_switch.a with make platform=switch, and I tried to build the .nro with make -f Makefile.switch platform=switch.
So it compiled it for windows msys (.a do not care about linker errors), and when you build retroarch shit hits the fan
That's correct.

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It doesn't matter which term we use, it's basically the same meaning.
Also, looking at your grammar in that post, I assume you're busy.
Yes, I did make the libretro_switch.a with make platform=switch, and I tried to build the .nro with make -f Makefile.switch platform=switch.

That's correct.

Alright then its only getting more weird
And ya, forgot to edit, its whatever I had the most busy day in a long time.

Btw you don't need platform=switch for the nro, only the *a

Last edited by m4xw,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
Alright then its only getting more weird
And ya, forgot to edit, its whatever I had the most busy day in a long time.

Btw you don't need platform=switch for the nro, only the *a
This reminds me of some kind of tip somewhere which said the platform=switch thingy should be excluded
but whatever

What do you mean by "only the *a"? What should I do with the command other than removing the "platform"?
(I wouldn't be surprised if more frustration occurs because it's starting to get a bit old at this point)

m4xw

Ancient Deity
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This reminds me of some kind of tip somewhere which said the platform=switch thingy should be excluded
but whatever

What do you mean by "only the *a"? What should I do with the command other than removing the "platform"?
(I wouldn't be surprised if more frustration occurs because it's starting to get a bit old at this point)

*a = libretro_switch.a .. the core output

Oh i got used to that like 79 pages ago

But at least you try, thats why I like you. Even if it isn't good for my nerves.

But I am a flamer in real life, so.

Last edited by m4xw,

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
*a = libretro_switch.a .. the core output

Oh i got used to that like 79 pages ago

But at least you try, thats why I like you. Even if it isn't good for my nerves.

But I am a flamer in real life, so.
Yeah, I know already. I thought you were meaning *a by a certain flag or something like that.
Correction: But I am a flamer in real life, too.

Otherwise, I would side with you on recompiling the core with the Switch branch. If you do get it to run, please allow me to test it.

Reactions: m4xw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU