1. carizard

OP carizard GBAtemp Regular

Antarctica
    https://blogs.windows.com/windowsde...for-xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-consoles/

• How can I verify that my UWP app or game is working on the Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S?
      • Devkits are not publicly available. UWP application developers should continue to rely on the Dev Mode Activation App used on the Xbox One X to convert their retails consoles into a development kit to test for compatibility As the same APIs and codecs are used between the Xbox One X and the new Xbox family of consoles, an app that works on the Xbox One X should continue to work on the new Xbox family of consoles
      • When the new Xbox family of consoles are available in retail, app partners can rely on Dev Mode Activation App to convert those consoles into a development kit.

2. Rafciu

Rafciu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Interesting... series x is much more powerful so there is possibility to run more demanding emulators via retroarch.

3. Souperman9

Souperman9 GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Not surprising, but good to see nonetheless

4. Markus95

Markus95 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
  5. farias0

farias0 Whatever

Brazil
    This is such a cool feature! I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the Series S soon because of it + game pass.

Some questions:
    • What keeps people from sideloading say pirated games through it?
    • Besides Retroarch, what are the cool stuff people been doing with it?
    • Do you think we'll see RPCS3 and Yuzu ported to Libretro? It would be pretty cool huh

6. Rafciu

Rafciu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    1. Dev mode won't allow to play any retail game (digital or physical) im not expert so not sure how we can bypass that.
    2. Right now beside emulation there is some homebrew games and ports available, here is some examples:
    - VVVVVVV
    - Open lara (Tomb raider 1 port)
    - Legend of Zelda Shadow King (uwp game)
    - Sling Dirt (uwp game)
    - Riptide GP2 (uwp game)
    So for now not much, but dev mode will for sure gets more popular because of xbox series S/X and more devs can bring cool content in near future
    3. Yes i belive in that, but rpcs3 will be problematic due to ps3 architecture

cvskid likes this.
  7. farias0

farias0 Whatever

Brazil
    You mean performance-wise? Because I believe PC's with similar specs run RPCS3 really well. Now I don't know how the dev mode limitations would affect performance, i.e. limiting certain GPU API calls or whatever.

8. Dodain47

Dodain47 GBAtemp Psycho!

Austria

Modern Vintage Gamer uploaded a video showcasing Dev mode on a XBOX Series S model.
    Looks very promising.:)

farias0 likes this.
  9. Rafciu

Rafciu GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Hope You're right. Worst thing right now is developer limit for apps which is 2gb for dev mode retroarch and 16gb for retail so games above limit wont be loaded. So this is main problem even when we got rpcs3 core. Hope devs can do something about its.

10. krakenx

krakenx Newbie
    Newcomer

I know that one of the ways that they stop piracy in dev mode is to reduce the available memory and cores. Did they increase the amount of memory and CPU cores dev mode can use on the Series X/S or is it the exact same dev mode the original Xbox One had?

farias0 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - confirmed, series,