Depot4u.com - requesting pictures of front and back of credit card

NamCap

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I placed an order on 12/21 for 2 sky3ds+ cards, got billed for the purchases via my credit card. Assuming the items were shipped,I waited to receive them. On 1/5 i received an odd email from [email protected], A rep named May Liang. She said my item did not ship yet and if i still wanted it, I'd have to take pictures of the front and back of the credit card i used along with my ID and email them back to her. I told her to cancel my order at that point.

Has anyone ever done business with depot4u? If so is it normal for them to request such sensitive info in such an insecure manner?

Last edited by NamCap,

scottsan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've ordered from Depot4U. They are legit, but I wonder why you need to send a pic of your credit card. They should do Western Union right?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
They only have to resort to that if the OP's order is likely his/her first international order. Depending on the card branding, they will flat out deny all international orders until you call the 800 number until you tell that to lift the restriction.

In any case the OP should be the one calling the card number and telling them to remove that restriction if that is the case, then tell depot4U to cancel the order and the OP place another order for the items canceled.

---

If the card you used was a prepaid card you bought, they don't work on international orders period, only for domestic use only.

Last edited by how_do_i_do_that,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I placed an order on 12/21 for 2 sky3ds+ cards, got billed for the purchases via my credit card. Assuming the items were shipped,I waited to receive them. On 1/5 i received an odd email from [email protected], A rep named May Liang. She said my item did not ship yet and if i still wanted it, I'd have to take pictures of the front and back of the credit card i used along with my ID and email them back to her. I told her to cancel my order at that point.

Has anyone ever done business with depot4u? If so is it normal for them to request such sensitive info in such an insecure manner?
Some websites will ask for pictures of the card to prevent fraud, it's not uncommon. You can censor out most of the card number (like everything except 4 digits) if you are worried, this is what I do when sites ask for a picture of my card, and they still accept it.
NO! NEVER EVER DO THIS! THEY WILL STEAL YOUR CARD DETAILS.
You don't have to give them all the details, you can censor out most of the card number.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries