• Views 35,256
  • Replies 72

Invader TAK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for bumping this old topic, but I'd like to report some tests I did using cracker's patching program. I tried making a Wonder Card in Pokesav that could be shared using the "Get from friend" method. Well apparently the distro rom doesn't allow that. So now I'm wondering if it'd be possible to figure out how to make distro roms that can send out shareable Wonder Cards.

ozling

Trophies
XP
Country
Invader TAK said:
Sorry for bumping this old topic, but I'd like to report some tests I did using cracker's patching program. I tried making a Wonder Card in Pokesav that could be shared using the "Get from friend" method. Well apparently the distro rom doesn't allow that. So now I'm wondering if it'd be possible to figure out how to make distro roms that can send out shareable Wonder Cards.

Never tried to do that, but if the correct .pcd is used, I can't see why not.

You'll just need to edit the .pcd, and make sure it is shareable, and then inject it into a distro.

billz29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've modified the ROM I dumped for this using the previously mentioned techniques in an attempt to get the various Events as repeatable events. They work ok, though there are some issues.

At first, all the spaces in my Wondercard title and info were replaced with ? along with the ' or é. I managed to eliminate the ? for the spaces, but the pokesave program won't export the ' or é characters properly.

Am I the only one getting info cards that say Pok?mon instead of Pokémon?
unsure.gif

It's the one thing that keeps my exports from being perfect. The resulting pokémon you get seems to be exactly the same as the original, but the wondercard is obviously wrong.
Can anybody fix this? (I've dowloaded the latest 0.40c pokesave and the WC info is still messed up.)

Another much lesser issue is that the ROM shows up as DEOXYS Distribution 2008 on my ROM list regardless of what Wondercard info I have used. This is a far lesser issue, but the geek in me would like it to match. Ideas?

billz29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried looking for the bits you suggested in my hex editor, but couldn't find them. I'm not sure how the text actually gets converted, but it's not a 1:1 ASCII to hex transfer.
But, I went to pokesave.org and found a zip of various versions of the program for different countries as well for solving the US accent problem.
So, that seems to be solved.

I'd also like to figure out where the date info on the Deoxys file is located. I'm not sure what this means:
"0x16C600 (8 bytes) : Distribution date range. First 4 bytes indicate
start date, next 4 indicate end date. Format is according this example:
08 00 06 0E --> 2008/06/14. Change bytes from 0x16C600 to 0x16C603 to 00 and byte at 0x16C604 to FF for unlimited distribution."

I tried searching for the date indication bytes, but didn't find them in the file.

If I could figure out where the bytes are located, I could change them, but the C-Programming description "0x16C600" doesn't mean anything to me.
I do understand: "starts at Offset 150 and ends at Offset 4A7" Could you (or someone else) describe the date location in that format? What is the offset location start and finish point?

Zowayix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone tell me how to change the title of the ROM?
It says "Deoxys Distribution 2008" and "Nintendo".

How do I change it to something like "Manaphy Distribution 2007" or "Darkrai Distribution 2008"?
(I'm kinda particular about stuff like this)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zowayix said:
Can someone tell me how to change the title of the ROM?
It says "Deoxys Distribution 2008" and "Nintendo".

How do I change it to something like "Manaphy Distribution 2007" or "Darkrai Distribution 2008"?
(I'm kinda particular about stuff like this)

Hex edit the patched distribution program. It is easily found by searching for Deoxy in Unicode.

Note: You will be limited by the number of characters in the original description.

mortymatty

Trophies
XP
Country
Chamillionaire said:
Since my first guide showed code that is copyrighted, I a post new and updated guide. (much easier, no need to export/import something)
kazumi213 wrote it
smile.gif

Code:
All offsets refer to the distro (.nds) file and indicate the first
byte of the block.

0x05DD50 (856 bytes): Replace with new Wonder Card
0x05E0A4 (2 bytes)ÂÂ: Replace with zeros
0x05DE54 (80 bytes) : Copy this block
0x05DC10 (80 bytes) : Replace with copied block
0x05DD00 (80 bytes) : Replace with copied block
0x168C00 (4 bytes)ÂÂ: Replace with desired "ggid"
ÂÂÂÂEnglish ClientsÂÂ : 18 03 40 00
ÂÂÂÂFrench ClientsÂÂÂÂ: CD 00 80 00
ÂÂÂÂGerman ClientsÂÂÂÂ: CE 00 80 00
ÂÂÂÂItalian ClientsÂÂ : CF 00 80 00
ÂÂÂÂSpanish ClientsÂÂ : D0 00 80 00
ÂÂÂÂJapanese ClientsÂÂ: 45 03 00 00
ÂÂÂÂKorean ClientsÂÂÂÂ: 18 00 C0 00
0x16C600 (8 bytes)ÂÂ: Distribution date range. First 4 bytes indicate
ÂÂÂÂstart date, next 4 indicate end date. Format is according this example:
ÂÂÂÂ08 00 06 0E --> 2008/06/14. Change bytes from 0x16C600 to 0x16C603 to 00 and byte at 0x16C604 to FF for unlimited distribution.

[would be nice if a mod could move this post to my first, since i can't edit it]

What do we do that to i want to know

could you post a proper guide to me please im not understanding all this and what files do i need to do a distibution thing because i have alot of pcd files but some people talk about nds files so ... yeah also how do you use the pmwcdp file to patch something or something like that

Schicksalsheld

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This Guide is for "Master's of Hex-Editor's" xD
If you like to send own Pokemon Events, pls use the Deoxys Distribution Patcher on Filetrip =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: