Delta emulator now available on the App Store for iOS

Delta-Beta-logo-main-631243875.png

The time has finally come, and after many, many years (if not decades) of Apple users having to side load emulator apps into their iOS devices through unofficial stores (like AltStore), emulators are finally a reality in the official Apple Store for iOS devices.

The Delta emulator, the successor to the original GBA4iOS emulator, has just been officially added today to the Apple Store for iOS, with the emulator supporting the following consoles from the get-go:
  • Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
  • Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
  • Nintendo 64
  • Game Boy
  • Game Boy Color
  • Game Boy Advance
  • Nintendo DS
The emulator also includes a wide variety of features expected from an emulator nowadays, like cheat support, save states, fast forward, controller support like Nintendo's JoyCons and Pro Cotrollers, Xbox One/Series and PlayStation 4/5 controllers (through Bluetooth), local multiplayer with up to 4 players at the same time, and even a featured called "Delta Sync", which syncs game data (saves, save states, cheats, etc.) between several devices, relying on Google Drive and Dropbox for the cloud service.

It's important to note that at the time of writing, Delta is currently not supported for iPad devices, and worse yet, Delta is unavailable in the EU, with the only option of getting Delta on iOS devices in the EU is through the AltStore.

:arrow: Delta Emulator App Store page
:arrow: Delta Emulator website

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can ds get wifi connection on the iPhone, I got the bios setup. Just wondering because the connection type is melon ds and I noticed it has an open connection. I think I read android could do this but I’m not sure yet if it’s the same for iPhone. I use to use a wifi repeater to get a wep key connection but wondering if that melon ds connection is enough and the dns is just not working. I only setup one dns since that’s all the wiimmfi website shows now for automatic dns.
Edit
I think I put the wrong dns I will try again seen it might be different for ds.
Edit
Maybe a wep key is still needed if this works on iPhone but that kind of defeats the purpose of the melon ds connection.
Where’s my wifi repeater for me to test this out or if someone has an android hotspot they could test this out and let everyone know if this works on iPhone.
Well I just downloaded this to my pc for the first time, wifi connection works and I guess iPhone just doesn’t have wifi yet, I patched a rom for wifi and it didn’t work. Still this is good to have. I guess next update might make it work.
Edit
Just a quick edit, the ds emulator I used on pc wasn’t actually this but I still hoped for wifi play, since this used melonds to make ds games work.

Last edited by fst312,

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a switch pro con connect to my phone? Cause that’s all I got. I ain’t spending money on this lol
It can connect to an Android phone so should be fine with an Apple, too.

Sold my Switch Pro Controller a few months ago, great controller, but hardly used and didn't have analog triggers (I really dig that).
Post automatically merged:

A Bluetooth controller, lol
Or a controller that attaches to the phone, e.g. Razor, Backbone, etc.

Cool ad trick, go in airplane mode before you start your game.
Doesn't iOS have an app that blocks ads? Some VPNs now have that as a feature.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's kinda weird Apple is doing this now right when Nintendo is in a emulator-shutting-down frenzy.

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a switch pro con connect to my phone? Cause that’s all I got. I ain’t spending money on this lol
I connected an XBox Series controller via Bluetooth w/ no issue.

So I followed the nuanced, long-winded instructions for installing Delta on my iPhone through the Altstore (alongside installing iCloud, iTunes, & Altserver onto my PC), but had trouble adding my roms from my iPhone onto the app after importing them from iTunes — only to find that the Delta app was available w/in Apple's app store after finally finishing that whole process, smfh. That sh*t is freaking annoying. However, I was able to finally add my games successfully using Delta from the App Store so I would suggest anybody who is unable to get roms added from their iPhone onto the Delta app should divert from installing Delta from the Altstore and definitely use Delta from Apple's app store instead.

It's kinda weird Apple is doing this now right when Nintendo is in a emulator-shutting-down frenzy.
It's due to the EU having Apples nut's in a chokehold which also coincidentally coincides w/ the US Justice Department's ongoing antitrust lawsuit against Apple:
Apple Will Allow Users To Download Apps Directly From Developers’ Website Thanks To The New EU App Store Rule
After A Hefty Fine, A Major Change In App Store Guidelines Will Allow Developers To Offer Game Emulators On The App Store
US sues Apple for illegal monopoly over smartphones
Justice Department files antitrust lawsuit against Apple over its infamous 'walled garden'

However, I highly believe that the antitrust suit is retaliation over Apple's stance not to comply w/ the US Justice Department's demands over providing a backdoor to their phone's encrypted lock screen...
during the time a Muslim carried out a mass shooting terrorist attack against attendees at a LBGTQ nightclub back in 2016.

So I finally got things up and running on my iPhone after all the meticulous effort I put into figuring it out on the fly and setting everything up:

IMG_0002.PNG

IMG_0003.PNG

IMG_0005.PNG

IMG_0006.PNG
IMG_0007.PNG
IMG_0008.PNG
PXL_20240418_013834142.jpg

Last edited by urbanman2004,

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
only to find that the Delta app was available w/in Apple's app store after finally finishing that whole process, smfh.

I mean... it's the title of this thread, isn't it? Not sure why people sideloading don't just use Provenance. It works on iPAD as well as AppleTV. And has way more Emulator cores, to include Mame and stuff from retroarch. Granted, it's pretty much beta and some features like cheats are broken for many/most cores... but the things it does run, it runs really well, and fast.

Yes. As of iOS 16, there is native support for it.

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: SuperGamer64

urbanman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One last go before I hit the sack:

IMG_0009.PNG

I mean... it's the title of this thread, isn't it?
Earlier, before I went through the Altstore method, Delta wasn't available in Apple's app store for me to download when I decided to search for it. Only afterwards was it searchable...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...