Hacking Deleting tik via FTP - help

razinx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I buggered up my Haxchi by installing all the DS games using Wii U USB helper, completely forgetting one of the games was Brain Academy. I deleted the entry (along with Haxchi) and went to redownload the official purchased copy, but it fails to install. From what I have read, it has to do with the leftover tik.

Following the guide using tik2sd to identify which tik it was, and then used Ftpiiueverywhere to access the files, except this is where I run into problems. My FTP client (tried 3, filezilla, flash fxp and my browser) and I can see the folder structure, including storage_slc but when opening that folder if just takes me to an empty folder. All folders are like this except the SD card folder. Both filezilla and flashfxp are the same result, whereas my browser (chrome) just brings me to a "this site can't be reached" error.

Not sure what I am missing / forgetting here that gets me to the last step so I can delete the .tik, but anyhelp help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, the tik is not 848 on size, its doubled. So I believe deleting this tik may also cause issues elsewhere. It wasn't overly clear to me on how to splice this so it doesn't affect another app
EDIT: Using Wii U Ticket Info app, it appears both entries in the tik are brain academy. So i guess deleting thistik shouldnt an issue. Its now just a matter of getting access to it, to delete it...

TIA!

Last edited by razinx,

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
If you delete de tik, you must purchase again the NDS Game.
the size of file it's double because there are 2 tickets inside Fake one + Legit One.
You must open the file with the windows programan HxD and swap the tickets. The Legit Ticket must appear the the first on the top, if you do the Swap, you will download the NDS Game for free again on the eShop

Last edited by trunske,

razinx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have edited the tik, its now just a matter of swapping them, but can't get access to the folder. I can FTP in, see the folders, but when opening the folder to get to the next one, its blank. All the folders are like this.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should never just delete a tik file. there may be several games' tickets in there. crunchy roll, for example, is also the tik for twilight princess iirc.

you are correct about the install. it fails instantly if it detects a fake ticket. the ticket is downloaded immediately after selecting purchase for I believe decryption purposes. without sig patches, the fake ticket can't be used.

Last edited by godreborn,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I have a similar problem but with Pikmin 3 game update, it fails to install after download, I believe I borked the update tik, had no idea that updates had tickets too but it seems they do, anyway any help is welcomed. This has been bugging me for quite long time and I don't find a solution for it...

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a similar problem but with Pikmin 3 game update, it fails to install after download, I believe I borked the update tik, had no idea that updates had tickets too but it seems they do, anyway any help is welcomed. This has been bugging me for quite long time and I don't find a solution for it...

you could try my tutorial in my sig. afaik, updates don't have additional tickets, but you might want to check just in case.

Reactions: cucholix

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@cucholix , I take that back. apparently, updates do have tickets. look for this prefix: 0005000e. that's the location for updates. games are 00050000 not sure what dlc is. I just kinda remembered that location for updates, the actual game updates, so I thought I'd look for it its ticket. the updates are in there. sorry for that. :)

edit: I just looked. looks like dlc has the prefix: 0005000c I hope this is helpful in finding those tickets in your ticket bucket or on that title key site. ;)

Last edited by godreborn,

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
@cucholix , I take that back. apparently, updates do have tickets. look for this prefix: 0005000e. that's the location for updates. games are 00050000 not sure what dlc is. I just kinda remembered that location for updates, the actual game updates, so I thought I'd look for it its ticket. the updates are in there. sorry for that. :)

edit: I just looked. looks like dlc has the prefix: 0005000c I hope this is helpful in finding those tickets in your ticket bucket or on that title key site. ;)
Thanks, I followed your tuto and found that Pikmin 3 update is located at 0005/00000001.tik however I couldn't find any repeating pattern on it with HxD, everything seems to be in order, the file has 3 tickets ("00 01 00 04" repeats 3 times), 2.392 bytes in total :unsure:

Last edited by cucholix,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
looks like you have 2 848s and 1 696. each ticket should be one of those two sizes. also, each ticket begins with 00 01 00 04 , so they're easy to spot. you can look for the specific ticket by opening the ticket bucket that tik2sd specifies, then searching for its title id as a hex value. those should be near the middle or end of each ticket. if it's not a repeating pattern, it's not a fake ticket, so something else must be the problem. remember to look for the ticket for both the game and the update. they most likely won't be in the same ticket bucket, so they probably won't be in the same file.

Reactions: cucholix

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
looks like you have 2 848s and 1 696. each ticket should be one of those two sizes. also, each ticket begins with 00 01 00 04 , so they're easy to spot. you can look for the specific ticket by opening the ticket bucket that tik2sd specifies, then searching for its title id as a hex value. those should be near the middle or end of each ticket. if it's not a repeating pattern, it's not a fake ticket, so something else must be the problem. remember to look for the ticket for both the game and the update. they most likely won't be in the same ticket bucket, so they probably won't be in the same file.
Hi, I searched for anomalies in the game ticket itself, and again everything is in order, 2 tickets: one for Pikmin 3 game (000500001012bd00), and the other for Lucadian Chronicles Patch (0005000e1015d300), both have legit tickets in the bucket (searched the ticket in hex and they match).

Will take a look to the update ticket again, and see what games share it, will report back o7

EDIT: Ok, something is not right in the Pikmin 3 update ticket bucket, I can identify Pikmin 3 and its legit ticket, but the other two doesn't seem to match any ticket in my keys.txt :unsure:, I remember having deleted this ticket before but it made no difference I couldn't install Pikimin 3 update via Nintendo still... I guess updates tickets work different?

Last edited by cucholix,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apparently, so. I own Lucadian Chronicles and Pikmin 3. I looked up Lucadian Chronicles since that's the game where I learned how to do this friom. its update is in a different ticket bucket. I have my keys.txt on 2hdds on top of the sd card. the system seems to search for the update first in 0005000e. that's the same folder in the slc. if say you tried to change the game's icon, you'd have to do it through update, not the game itself. a ticket issue should result in instant failure during the install phase. you can have a fake ticket for s game, but the legit ticket must be first in the ticket bucket.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Speaking of PLaystation. I see Evilnat put out a beta for PS3 CFW 4.91.2 on the 22nd.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't really see the point in updating it tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right, I thought about updating my PS3 CFW to 4.91, but why really, everything plays fine now. I guess for people that have already updated past 4.9 it would be helpful.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Idk if online servers are still active that would be my only thought
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it once I installed CFW, so it won't connect and auto-update itself
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Thats true, personally I don't play it online at all, in fact, I deleted all wifi details on it...