Gaming Deleted Wii Channels... any way to revive?

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since Wii has a storage problem and they don't seem to care, I've deleted all the channels that come installed on a new Wii except the Mii channel, and the Shopping channel. I guess I don't really need Photo, Forecast, and Weather... but after I deleted them, it didn't free up any space
blink.gif

Now I guess I want them back, but I can't find any way to revive them... any ideas?

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, I was gunna say Shop channel but forecast insnt in there. I never thought of that before, I'm really nor sure how to get them back. Just use the shop channel for photo at least.

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah... tried some Homebrew app to free up space, and I assumed there were hidden files all over the Wii. Now I find out there aren't hidden files or files left behind when you delete channels. *sigh*

Oh well, at least I can get the Photo channel back, I believe. Thanks for the tip Soi
smile.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
once i dleleted forcast and news after a reboot they werwe back
\

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should reinstall them if you install a newer version of firmware. If you are on anything older than 3.3 then just install 3.3. If you are already on 3.3 you might have to downgrade and then upgrade to 3.3 again but it might be possible to just use the downgrade tool to replace 3.3 with a complete install.

Tragedies

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd also like to know what Veloxi asked, as I've been using 3.2, and want to upgrade but fear something won't work.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it doesn't mess with any homebrew or 'non-legit' VC/WW channels. All it does is prevents the old save exploit from being copied over to the Wii's storage and deleted it if it was already in the Wii's storage. There is a new save exploit that was released soon after 3.3 was introduced.
smile.gif
So just get the new save exploit if you don't have the HBC and you'll be fine.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can get it back on a really simple way. Pop in a disc that contains a Wii Update. Your Wii will ask to update and when you do so, it will reïnstall the channels. If you don't have a game with an update, you can fix it by updating through the settings menu.

More specificly it will return in the version of the game. So if your Wii had Photochannel 1.1 preinstalled, you can use this method to revert it to 1.0.

It really doesn't matter which firmware version you have installed.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
elfsander said:
You can get it back on a really simple way. Pop in a disc that contains a Wii Update. Your Wii will ask to update and when you do so, it will reïnstall the channels. If you don't have a game with an update, you can fix it by updating through the settings menu.

More specificly it will return in the version of the game. So if your Wii had Photochannel 1.1 preinstalled, you can use this method to revert it to 1.0.

It really doesn't matter which firmware version you have installed.

That will only work if the game has a firmware version newer than what is on the Wii. If it is the same version or older then it ignores it.

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nope it doesn't, I tested it. A firmware check is more than just a number check. It also checks if the requirements for the firmware are met. Which means that you need the correct channels installed.

Like I said, I used it to downgrade Photo channel 1.1 to 1.0 with this. I have Fw 3.3 installed (before I did this) and used the Metroid 3 disc to install Photo channel 1.0. After that I still was on 3.3 but just with an older photo channel.

This also works with updating your Wii online. I just created a movie with my old (low-fi) webcam.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4UJ8g5zVR8
(terrible quality, I know)

The video shows me deleting all system channels (including mii and shop channel) reïnstalling them with a legit copy of Metroid Prime 3. And updating them to the newest version through an online update. (I've cut some waiting time out of the video, but I did not edit anything)

Veloxi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey, Elfsander... what were those 2 apps on the bottom of the first page in your video? I'm curious... the icons looked like something nifty
smile.gif

2 apps meaning: Once your SD card loads, at the bottom of the first page there are 2 apps that don't look familiar to me!

elfsander

Trophies
Website
microse.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Those are the SaveGame extractor and installer. You can use it to copy a copy-protected save to your SD card. (Like MarioKart and SSBB saves) The other one is to copy extracted saves back to your Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?