Deleted browser in BigBlueMenu (sysnand)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by juins, Sep 3, 2015.

1. juins
    OP

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    hey guys, been a while since i last came, so i was "cleaning" my 3ds in bigbluemenu, had 3 repeated installed entries in sdmc,nand and something else idr, for like 15 different gba roms.

So i was deleting stuff, and i deleted the red "browser for us" field on BigBluemenu, and now cant access browser on my sysnand.

Can someone help me on how to fix my browser ? i got:

-a GW
    -Emunand 9.9
    -no access to CFW on sysnand since browser was deleted there
    no bigbluemenu/fbi on sysnand since i deleted them as well

2. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    What system version?

3. juins
    OP

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    4.5, sorry

4. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    You're in luck! You can access the GW menu through MSET and use a .3ds of BBM or FBI to install your browser back to sysnand.

Zidapi likes this.
  5. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    just reinstall the browser CIA using a CFW, like RxTools or Pasta and BigBlueMenu, as you do not need the browser for running a MSET exploit.

6. juins
    OP

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    @driverdis
    @samiam

thats what i was kind of trying to get my hands on, a .cia of my browser but no luck.

this video suggests that on 3DNUS...

Title id for the browser: 0004003000009D02
    Latest "good" version: 4096

but 3dnus is stuck like a quarter way thru since like 30 mins ago and wont download past that

EDIT:
    So i fixed it thanks for the input guys.
    3DNUS was not working for me tho, and i found a MEGA link for
    0004003000009402 USA v5121, which iirc is the correct latest browser working with spider exploit , the version i posted earlier is for EUR i believe.

Now can someone tell me, how come EVERY TIME i entered sysnand or emunand, i would ALWAYS get new gifts (gba roms that i have already unwrapped before) or sometimes they wouldnt even show up, or sometimes they would have a black icon?

I know you have to install them on both NANDs, but.. are they supposed to load on normal sysnand as well? or is it strictly only on rxtools +emu/sysnand?

Last edited by juins, Sep 3, 2015
    samiam144 likes this.
  7. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Nintendo took down the firmware files from their servers, this is what 3DNUS pulled from.

You'll need to download the firmware files from Google: 'that 3ds site with isos'

8. juins
    OP

juins GBAtemp Fan

Sep 13, 2003
    thanks i fixed my issue already. But maybe you could help me out on that question i added in the edit of my previous post?

9. usernametaken

usernametaken GBAtemp Maniac

May 13, 2015
    United States
    Unwrap bug is a result of Emu and Sysnands being linked. I don't know about a black icon though.
    If you unlink them it'll solve the that problem, along with the installed data being wiped if you access the Data Management menu.
    Unlinking Nands will wipe the NNID - create a new friend code - wipe whatever you've installed on whichever nand you choose to wipe.

To unlink Sysnand from Emunand: Turn off 3DS > Remove internal SD > Turn on > System Settings > Format > Setup Process > Turn off > Insert SD
    To unlink Emunand from Sysnand: Boot to Emunand > System Settings > Format

Unlinking Nands will make it so you don't have to install to Sys and Emu, but I think you may only be able to play them from Sys(?). I don't really have first hand experience with GBA games.

10. samiam144

samiam144 Régulier

Aug 19, 2007
    Canada
    The black box is probably something installed to Nand that isn't suppose to be there, like a GBA game. You'll have to do some "cleaning" again, but this time make sure you are deleting the right things.

You can highlight any cia in FBI to see its title ID. Then you can navigate to your installed titles in nand destination and see if that specific title ID is there. Delete it and it should get rid of the black box

11. royant1

royant1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2015
    Iceland
    Hi everyone. Unfortunately, i did the same mistake but i'm on N3DS 9.2, sysnand, no emunand (delete the browser file). tried for hours to fix, but i can't use ninjhax as it needs the browser and i don't have GW (i do have sky3ds).

Is there a way to install the browser somehow (i have the cia for it).

Thanks!

Last edited by royant1, Sep 17, 2015