Homebrew Question Delete XCI, Get NSP and keep save file?

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I encountered an error (2144-0001) today when I accidentally opened an XCI file from my home menu. It was obviously a stupid mistake, but I've done it a few times now because it's just a habit to open games this way. Anyway, in order to prevent this, and for uniformity, I'd like to get rid of the few XCI games I have and use their NSPs instead, but would like to keep the save files.

What is the best way to go about this? Should I delete the XCI manually from my PC card reader or can I do it directly from the Switch? Do I need to place the save files in another location so they'll load in the NSP?

TIA

morrison22

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I encountered an error (2144-0001) today when I accidentally opened an XCI file from my home menu. It was obviously a stupid mistake, but I've done it a few times now because it's just a habit to open games this way. Anyway, in order to prevent this, and for uniformity, I'd like to get rid of the few XCI games I have and use their NSPs instead, but would like to keep the save files.

What is the best way to go about this? Should I delete the XCI manually from my PC card reader or can I do it directly from the Switch? Do I need to place the save files in another location so they'll load in the NSP?

TIA
Your save file will remain on the system and can be used with the NSP version of the game as long as it is the same title / region. You can safely delete the XCI and install the NSP without worry of your save being lost. If you feel the need to backup your save file, use Checkpoint to back it up. Though, deleting the XCI (or even an NSP installation for that matter) will not delete the save as they are separate from eachother.

Last edited by morrison22,
Reactions: mranonymous

mranonymous

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your save file will remain on the system and can be used with the NSP version of the game as long as it is the same title / region. You can safely delete the XCI and install the NSP without worry of your save being lost. If you feel the need to backup your save file, use Checkpoint to back it up. Though, deleting the XCI (or even an NSP installation for that matter) will not delete the save as they are separate from eachother.

Perfect, thank you. Was hoping this would be the case.

Is deleting it manually from the SD the way to go? I didn't see an option to do it within SX OS, but I wasn't sure if it was hidden in there somewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk