Hacking Discussion Deja Vu/Jamais Vu/Other Soft exploits - Are they still worth the wait?

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the clarification guys.
So... with 4.1.0, you are pretty much tethered until Deja Vu is released.
Yeah, from the looks of it. But considering we don't know how long we'll be waiting for Deja Vu, and depending on how badly you want to use the latest firmware, you don't really have much to lose if you made a complete NAND backup and then updated without burning fuses. Then when Deja Vu is out and you're interested, you just downgrade back with your backup.
Is that worth the hassle? Only you can answer that.

Reactions: PolloDiablo

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, from the looks of it. But considering we don't know how long we'll be waiting for Deja Vu, and depending on how badly you want to use the latest firmware, you don't really have much to lose if you made a complete NAND backup and then updated without burning fuses. Then when Deja Vu is out and you're interested, you just downgrade back with your backup.
Is that worth the hassle? Only you can answer that.
Yeah, it depends on each one. In my case, I just want to use my console legit for now (I already have lots of games and I'm interested in online). Buying another console is a no go.
So It's like... being tethered now for an unlimited amount of time (just to use my console legit), to have the possibility to stop being tethered in the future :unsure:
Risk of ban (for using RCM and Hekate), and the possibility of having down the line a new warmboot exploit that works on newer firmware should also be considered.

I will think it over and see what I do.

Last edited by PolloDiablo,

Rune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, it depends on each one. In my case, I just want to use my console legit for now (I already have lots of games and I'm interested in online). Buying another console is a no go.
So It's like... being tethered now for an unlimited amount of time (just to use my console legit), to have the possibility to stop being tethered in the future :unsure:
Risk of ban (for using RCM and Hekate), and the possibility of having down the line a new warmboot exploit that works on newer firmware should also be considered.

I will think it over and see what I do.
I think regarding bans, if it matters to you then don't do anything. There's nothing currently out that's worth the risk.
What you want to wait for in that case is emuNAND so that you can keep your main NAND legit and go online risk free, while your emuNAND would be where you do all your hacking.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think regarding bans, if it matters to you then don't do anything. There's nothing currently out that's worth the risk.
What you want to wait for in that case is emuNAND so that you can keep your main NAND legit and go online risk free, while your emuNAND would be where you do all your hacking.
That pretty much sums it up.

Gren22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully someone can clarify this because I've read conflicting opinions. But I read someone here saying that the Hekate menu bypasses the fuse burn. So you can use Hekate and then just select the stock FW to boot rather than the CFW, and you should have OFW with no fuses burnt.
You can still boot to OFW, you just have to use Hekate to get there as the standard boot will burn the fuses, but Hekate will skip that step. Just because you are using Hekate doesn't mean you are using CFW, you can use Hekate to boot OFW

Reactions: Rune

flametorrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Would (and I know this question has probably been asked) booting into RCM potentially get us banned? I believe the answer is yes, but not likely. As I see it there's no way to say you're safe because even installing emuNAND in the first place can potentially get you banned.

So if I understand this correctly, the only way to be sure we don't get banned... when installing emuNAND:

1. We boot RCM.
2. Create an emuNAND in airplane mode.
3. Create a way to redirect boot to the sd card's emuNAND (optional. For switching between CFW and OG firmware).
4. Then delete the logs that were created from booting into RCM in the first place as well as any logs of this redirect, but leave everything else in logs untouched.
5. And finally, profit? As soon as emuNAND boots one would use a DNS that totally blocks Nintendo and we could start developing some multiplayer GBA/DS/SNES/PSX/GBC emulators.

Is Netplay still a thing? I'm so far behind.

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1. We boot RCM.
2. Create an emuNAND in airplane mode.
3. Create a way to redirect boot to the sd card's emuNAND (optional. For switching between CFW and OG firmware).
4. Then delete the logs that were created from booting into RCM in the first place as well as any logs of this redirect, but leave everything else in logs untouched.
5. And finally, profit? As soon as emuNAND boots one would use a DNS that totally blocks Nintendo and we could start developing some multiplayer GBA/DS/SNES/PSX/GBC emulators.
Wrong!
1) Boot OFW
2) Turn on Airplay mode
3) Enter RCM
4) Create EmuNAND
etc.

Swqnky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong!
1) Boot OFW
2) Turn on Airplay mode
3) Enter RCM
4) Create EmuNAND
etc.

Not sure why you're continuing to argue semantics in this thread. By saying "create an emuNAND in airplane mode", flametorrent is implying that you are already in airplane mode before creating an emuNAND. Edit: Nevermind I saw your post history, you're just always like this.

But yeah @flametorrent I believe that this would probably be the method to do it. Who knows what Nintendo can see for sure, so you can't be 100%, but I'd be pretty comfortable doing that on my switch.

Last edited by Swqnky,
Reactions: flametorrent

Ian095

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With Sig Patches installing NSPs I think you can avoid updating to play a game that requires higher FW. Is it worth it if that works for you? Yes. Otherwise, the scenes moving on without you and slingshotting back once Atmosphère is out. By the time Atmosphère is out the majority of those interested will be unable to make full use of it :(

c80

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure why you're continuing to argue semantics in this thread. By saying "create an emuNAND in airplane mode", flametorrent is implying that you are already in airplane mode before creating an emuNAND.
Because it is impossible to create emuNAND in airplanemode. If someone follows his guide, he will get banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But yeah @flametorrent I believe that this would probably be the method to do it.
You mean MY method, right? Because HIS method won't work obviously

flametorrent

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why you're continuing to argue semantics in this thread. By saying "create an emuNAND in airplane mode", flametorrent is implying that you are already in airplane mode before creating an emuNAND. Edit: Nevermind I saw your post history, you're just always like this.

But yeah
@flametorrent I believe that this would probably be the method to do it. Who knows what Nintendo can see for sure, so you can't be 100%, but I'd be pretty comfortable doing that on my switch.
Yeah, the extra work will be worth it though. I carry around my ps vita for my emu needs but I’d love to play GameCube on the go. If that ever, ever happens, I’d risk a ban for it! Thanks for your swift response though!

Because it is impossible to create emuNAND in airplanemode. If someone follows his guide, he will get banned.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You mean MY method, right? Because HIS method won't work obviously

I implied that you are already in airplane mode. I was definitely not writing a guide. This is just a discussion thread and not a sticky. Lolol. No stepping on toes though. It seems like I got my answer. I believe it’s time to update.

Last edited by flametorrent,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: hi