Default Restoring a 3ds and SD from backup without the console?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by gorillabrick, May 31, 2019.

1. gorillabrick
    OP

gorillabrick Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2019
    United States
    Hello!

So I lost my 3ds. Left it on a train...

It was running Luma with a most handsome collection of software installed to the SD. The SD was lost along with the console.

I have a recent backup of all the data on the SD card.
    I also have the following two files which I saved when I first installed CFW, as the guide recommended:

XXXXXXX_sysnand_000.bin
    essential.exefs

My question is, without the console to run a system restore, can I get a new 3DS to recognise and run the software installed on the SD card?

Something like, copy the SD contents to a new SD card, and use the restore files then reinstall Luma to make the 3DS 'recognise' it.

Any help much appreciated thanks!!

2. botik

botik Member

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2017
    Russia
    To decrypt the content on the SD card is required SD keyY
    which can be got from sysnand_000.bin by the address 0x910-0x91F

3. gorillabrick
    OP

gorillabrick Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2019
    United States
    Thanks a lot, its awesome to know theres a way, would be a pain in the ass to rebuild from scratch. How does this work in practise tho? Like what would i do on the 3ds to get access?? Cheers

4. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    In the essential.exefs, you can use GodMode9 to mount and extract the movable. Rename that file to movable.sed.

Option A - To decrypt and backup CIAs & saves + extdata on a substitute 3DS system using the movable.sed,

Option B - You can also decrypt contents using ninfs (fuse-3ds). I'm not aware if the desktop program can rebuild titles into CIAs.

Option C - In the future, be on the lookout for Nintendo 3DS folder cross sharing or "SDTransfer".

Kwyjor and gorillabrick like this.
  5. gorillabrick
    OP

gorillabrick Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2019
    United States
    thanks, that's just what I needed, you're my hero :)

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted