Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi !

Years ago i decided to Romhack One piece: Unlimited Cruise 2 on the WII
My goal was to change some arenas, models and maybe animations and scripts

So i started looking the game files and realized that the 3D models seems to be in .AAR format, music in .BRSTM and scripts in .ATB (it is not 100% sure, but I am almost sure from the name of the folders and the size of the files)

However, I have NO EXPERIENCE in coding etc so I searched the internet all over the place and asked multiple people if they knew how I could decrypt these files but none of my attempts were successful.

Now the only hope I have left is to create a topic here to ask for your help

All I can do in return to thank you is to do illustrations or work on Photoshop for free.

If really no one here knows of ways to decrypt and repack these files, I'm willing to pay to create a decryptor of these files

If you have any questions ask below

Thanks for reading

bonkmaykr

Battle Ready
Trophies
Website
bonkmaykr.xyz
XP
Country
United States
I believe you are mistaken, these aren't "encrypted", they're just special formats the console uses. They're documented on wiibrew.org: https://wiibrew.org/wiki/Data_containers

Brawl Custom Song Maker can generate some BRSTMs for you. You can convert them back to a more common format with BrawlBox.
VLC Media Player also allegedly has support for this but I have not tried it.

If the files do turn out to be actually encrypted for some reason then I'm not sure what can be done.

Last edited by bonkmaykr,
Reactions: Kwyjor

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi !

Years ago i decided to Romhack One piece: Unlimited Cruise 2 on the WII
My goal was to change some arenas, models and maybe animations and scripts

So i started looking the game files and realized that the 3D models seems to be in .AAR format, music in .BRSTM and scripts in .ATB (it is not 100% sure, but I am almost sure from the name of the folders and the size of the files)

However, I have NO EXPERIENCE in coding etc so I searched the internet all over the place and asked multiple people if they knew how I could decrypt these files but none of my attempts were successful.

Now the only hope I have left is to create a topic here to ask for your help

All I can do in return to thank you is to do illustrations or work on Photoshop for free.

If really no one here knows of ways to decrypt and repack these files, I'm willing to pay to create a decryptor of these files

If you have any questions ask below

Thanks for reading
Custom formats like that are expected when doing rom hacking. If you're not prepared to find information on your own and write your own tools (or modify existing ones) in order to convert them and there aren't existing tools for whatever you want to edit then maybe romhacking isn't for you.

Reactions: bonkmaykr

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You're much more likely to get an intelligent response if you can give some more details about what you've found. Otherwise, people are just wasting their time retracing your steps.

Like, the first Google hit for "wii aar model" (no quotes) is https://gbatemp.net/threads/aar-archive-tools-and-documentation.348823/ , which talks about something called AARTool.

• Love
Reactions: bonkmaykr

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: