Decrypt NAND.BIN?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by icecream, Aug 28, 2015.

1. icecream
    OP

icecream Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2015
  2. Syphurith

Syphurith Beginner

Mar 8, 2013
    Switzerland
    Xi'an, Shaanxi Province
    Sorry I don't know which console of which version you have.
    To me, i just get mine NAND.bin with GW launcher menu, and get it decrypted with the fat16 xorpad that rxTools 2.4 generated. (Mine: JPN O3DS, 4.1)
    I've seen reports telling us the NAND.bin and also its emunand dumps to be a different size than others, and fat16 xorpad seems keep it size.
    If you are just using a 2DS, that may be the problem. However still no direct helps for you, much sorry.
    Hope there could be someone help you with that, AFTER you tell them which version and which console you have.
    (Even that is from IRC #3dsdev on efnet.org, i don't think they would reject this type of act)

3. icecream
    OP

icecream Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 14, 2015
    Ah sorry, I've got an old 3DS XL with (downgraded) sysNAND version 4.5. I got my NAND.bin decrypted now though, it was just the tool which didn't work. Another one decrypted it just fine.

4. Dave447

Dave447 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2015
    What tool did you use? I have the same problem

5. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    GW downgraded 4.X has some mysterious problems on some rxTools functions like FBI injection.

Try to restore the undowngraded original firmware and do your work again.

If you don't have the original firmware, try to Devmode + Sysupdater upgrade your console to 9.2.

Dave447 likes this.
  6. Dave447

Dave447 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 25, 2015
    But in order to decode + sysupdater I need to inject FBI to sysnand and I'm doing that manually. I'm also getting the invalid xorpad, and was just wondering if you could link me the tool you used to decrypt it

7. MelonGx

MelonGx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 8, 2009
    China
    Can't you install FBI/Devmenu via Pasta (Ninjhax) / GW / Pasta (4.x) / PBT?