ROM Hack Decrypt CIA and convert to decrtypted 3DS ROM without 3DS?

unvaluablespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got a ton of encrypted CIA files that im trying to convert to decrypted 3DS ROMs.

I've got a 3DS, but I also have a high end PC. Im typing this out over hour in with just decrypting 1 CIA file on my 3DS. I want to do this on my PC so that I can either do this to multiple CIA ROMs, or do it much, much faster.

I've followed numerous guides, downloaded various tools, etc. But they all do one thing or the other, but not what I want in my thread title. They all just do stuff like convert to some other format i dont know about, or extract the contents into tons of folders that i dont know what to do with, etc.

From what I've read, it seems that lately there is a way to decrypt CIA files WITHOUT a 3DS, but the tools I've tried either didn't do anything, or left me with files I don't know what to do with. Can someone explain like im 5 how to accomplish what im trying to do?

Yes I'm aware you can decrypt with a 3DS, but doing that will take me weeks to go through all the encrypted CIA files I got....

unvaluablespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, where did you find it? It looks different than dnasdw's 3dstool
I think they are different tools by different people, just with the same name. the one i linked, just click the "clone or download" button, and then download as zip. it should download all the files within that particular branch.

once extracted, i just run the "3dstools.ps1" script with powershell, and it gives me options to decrypt an encrypted cia file. once decrypted, i can use 3dstools again to convert the file to 3ds format.

I did notice though that it seems to have issues with rather large CIAs over 2GB in size. files smaller than 2gb should decrypt fine, though.

Reactions: tranxuanthang

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1