Gaming Deciding Between Games

chaychay2477

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! I am between a few games for the 3DS and was wondering what you all thought I should get:

1.Kingdom Hearts: I have played some of the 1st and liked it. Should I beat the first 2 before playing 3rd or will I be ok?
2.Rayman Origins: I am looking to buy Rayman Legends and thought I should play this one in preparation
3. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon: I also have not played the 1st so would I be okay?

And I am open to any other suggestions and thanks for your input :)

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hello all! I am between a few games for the 3DS and was wondering what you all thought I should get:

1.Kingdom Hearts: I have played some of the 1st and liked it. Should I beat the first 2 before playing 3rd or will I be ok? You'll need to play the second in order to understand what's happening.
2.Rayman Origins: I am looking to buy Rayman Legends and thought I should play this one in preparation I doubt you need to play it if you want to understand the story. However, it's my favorite choice from this list. It's loads of fun.
3. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon: I also have not played the 1st so would I be okay? Not too sure about this one

And I am open to any other suggestions and thanks for your input :)

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Excellent game, if not a bit short. Kingdom Hearts' story is a bit hard to follow, so be sure to have played the other games. Other than that it's a fun game and the brokenness of Flow Motion makes the game a lot better than the prequels. Also, TWEwY cameos.
2. Shitty port, ignore. Get the console/Vita version instead as that version has a LOT better graphics and 60 FPS. Otherwise, the best 2D platformer of the 7th Gen, hands down.
3. Out of the three, get this one. It's a game hyped since the announcement of the 3DS and I can't wait to get my own hands on it. Definitely get this one out of the three.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't get Rayman Origins 3DS. Don't get Rayman Origins 3DS. Don't get Rayman Origins 3DS.

My suggestion:

Tom_Clancy%E2%80%99s_Ghost_Recon_-_Shadow_Wars_cover_art.jpg

EyeZ

Trophies
XP
Out of your list of three, Luigi's Mansion, i've really enjoyed it.

Fire Emblem: Awakening is another great game.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Luigi's Mansion 2 is still playable if you haven't played the Gamecube one. In fact, Luigi's Mansion 2 is probably the better one but I'm still sad at the lack of a second control stick which could make this game better.

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
1. Excellent game, if not a bit short. Kingdom Hearts' story is a bit hard to follow, so be sure to have played the other games. Other than that it's a fun game and the brokenness of Flow Motion makes the game a lot better than the prequels. Also, TWEwY cameos.
2. Shitty port, ignore. Get the console/Vita version instead as that version has a LOT better graphics and 60 FPS. Otherwise, the best 2D platformer of the 7th Gen, hands down.
3. Out of the three, get this one. It's a game hyped since the announcement of the 3DS and I can't wait to get my own hands on it. Definitely get this one out of the three.
Don't get Rayman Origins 3DS. Don't get Rayman Origins 3DS. Don't get Rayman Origins 3DS.

My suggestion:

-snip-
Is the port that bad? I've played the console one so I don't really know the quality of it on the 3DS.

chaychay2477

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went ahead and picked up Luigi's Mansion and I must say I am very satisfied with it. I will probably pick up kingdom hearts after I beat the first 2. Thanks for all the input everyone!

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KH3D is great if you're a KH fan, flowmotion makes travelling really awesome. As for Rayman Origins, it's a good game but you'll be better off with the console version if you can get it.

And get Kid Icarus before anything else.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Kid Icarus, Fire Emblem, Luigis Mansion 2. Get the 3DS port of Rayman Origins, only if you do not have any other way to play it. (The console versions are much superior.)

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Get Kingdom Hearts 3D if you're a fan or following the story of Kingdom Hearts. Otherwise, ignore this game since you'll just be confuse as hell if you're not following the story. haha. I suggest Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. It's a fun game and has an online multiplayer. :D

kumpandjill

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get Kingdom Hearts 3D if you're a fan or following the story of Kingdom Hearts. Otherwise, ignore this game since you'll just be confuse as hell if you're not following the story. haha. I suggest Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon. It's a fun game and has an online multiplayer. :D
Have you tried the online multiplayer? Can you play with friends or is it all random?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16