Hacking Deals on USB loader compatible drives?

pitweasel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has already been posted, but it seems like it'd be nice to have a thread for people to post their bargain finds for USB Loader-compatible devices. Cheap hard drives, flash drives, etc...what type of prices are people paying?

For example, I was eying the 8gb Kingston drive for a little under $20 at buy.com - good deal, or can I do better?

porchemasi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
250 gb pocket hdd from Western Digital
My Passport HDD

Its ubber tiny and sleek $99 Canadian.... its compatible and works flawlessly for me ...

worth every penny!

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday i got the following deal

Maxtor One Touch Mini 4 250GB for $54 after tax at staples.
They had it on sale for $75.50 and i had a $25 off $75 or more purchase.
You can buy the $25 off coupons off ebay for a buck or two or goto ejunkie.com and buy them for like $1.50 thats where i bought mine.

Well worth it.

rogras

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

sheridan2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shame its not fully understood why some work and why other dont....im using a Veho SDHC card reader and every sd card i have put in it so far has worked!!

NeoDraven

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
algols-place.chatango.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the Western Digital MyBook 1TB drive. I have installed a 500GB WBFS partition on mine, and a 250GB partition on one of my co-worker's hard drives; exact same model and brand. Both work flawlessly for all games tested so far except for SSX Blur.

http://www.buy.com/prod/western-digital-1t.../205761335.html

This is the cheapest one I can recommend. Buy.com usually delivers within 3 days for this particular item. I think it ships from Pennsylvania, if I'm not mistaken, and $117 is the cheapest I can find.

Both Target and Wal-Mart carry this exact drive, in the price range of $120-$140, and you can check availability in-store, online. I got mine from Target.

I have also successfully tested the Sandisk 8GB Cruzer Micro. It also works flawlessly. Radioshack usually has them for $19.99, or you can order it online from Buy.com from the following link for $20.78 with shipping.

http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk-cruzer-mic.../208715954.html

Even if you don't have a shit-ton of Wii ISOs, I still recommend the WD MyBook 1TB drive. I have exactly 93 ISOs on my 500GB WBFS partition, and it takes up approximately 220GB. I ripped every single burned DVD that I had to the other remaining 431GB, so it was easier to move them to my WBFS partition. I definitely needed that space to hold the ISOs as I was transferring them to the WBFS partition.

Also, I totally recommend using a Windows GUI for the WBFS partition. It takes way too long to rip games using the Wii, and the point of the USB Loader is to save the Wii's laser. Why screw it up with hours of ripping DVDs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/BkUi1uEdCmk