dealing with death

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by Resident0, Dec 9, 2006.

Dec 9, 2006

dealing with death by Resident0 at 12:25 AM (1,244 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. Resident0
    OP

Member Resident0 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    last year i had 3 of my family die and had to be there to support everyone and now im a wreck thinking "when is my turn" i am so messed up about it i just want to relax but life is so demanding

2. Squiffy

Member Squiffy GBATemp's Little Embarrassment

Ireland
    what?

have a kitten:
    [​IMG]

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    resident you been serious ??

4. dice

Former Staff dice pansy-ass ex-staff member

United Kingdom
    what you need mah friend is a holiday

5. Resident0
    OP

Member Resident0 GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    of course im being serious

6. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    sorry to hear that m8:-p

7. memyselfandi

Member memyselfandi GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    that's too bad [​IMG] i dont know what i would do if my family memebers died..... so i dont know what to tell you :/

8. TheStump

Member TheStump Got Wood?

Australia
    Thats terrible news man. Well theres a bunch of us here that you can chat to if you need. But i suggest picking up a Wii and take the week off.

Good luck Mate

9. INTERNETS

Member INTERNETS GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Sorry to hear about your loss, man. If this is your first time dealing with death, just know that it gets better. It takes time, but... it gets better.

10. serious_sean

Member serious_sean GBAtemp Regular

United States
    my suggestion: deal with it up front and don't bury it deep down.

Because then you end up dead inside, like me.

11. mthrnite

Former Staff mthrnite So it goes.

United States
    You deal with death by acceptance of the process of life.

There will never be a rise without a drop, never a wax without a wane, never an ebb without a flow.

We exist in cycles. Parts of your body are born and die every day. As you pace your floor worrying about your existance, skin cells are flaking off of you and turning to the dust on the floor you walk. New cells are dividing and growing within you at the same time.

Plants sprout and reach maturity and die, and go on to sustain the process of life by their consumption or decay.

Your mother's mother was born, created your mother, who created you, who will perhaps go on to create another, and another by them until humans as a race reach the end of life. When humans die out, our death will contribute to the further evolution of life on this planet. We die that others may thrive.

Stars are born, grow old, and die.. some stars explode magnificently at death, and their remnants coalesce to form new stars.

As above, so below.. As below, so above. There is a larger process going on all the time in this strange universe we live in. It is easy to see in part, but difficult to fathom as a whole. It's hard to realize that you are here, I am here, because a mighty sun died, because a million mighty suns died.

Have a child one day, and you will come to realize that you are not one life unto yourself, you are a chain of life, you are a link (Que Zelda music!)

This may not seem to help your grief right now. Loss is difficult and we are blessed and cursed at the same time by knowing the process. You are cursed to miss your loved ones, but you are blessed to know that without their, and your death, continued life would cease to be.

Find the glory of it. It's there, but of such massive scale that it's hard wrap your mind around it. Seeking this glory will reward you with great comfort.

Hang in there.

Snatch the pebble from my hand.. and you may leave.
    (Sorry, had to make a joke...best of luck to you on your journey.)

12. nintendofreak

Member nintendofreak Around. Shoot me a PM.

United States
    man mthrnite, you always know what to say [​IMG]

Resident0, hang in there, the best thing to do is to hang out with friends, and try to have as much fun as possible. Just make sure you dont turn to [​IMG] for your problems.

13. Konamix02

Member Konamix02 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Yeah I know what you mean. I had a friend die over the summer and on top of that we didn't know how he was doing becasue he hasn't been at school for 3 months. On top of that, 2007 was his graduating year...But what I did to get over it was just go and hang out. It took my mind offa him(even during the funeral I cried like a bitch, I had to amuse myself to stop crying...)

14. m_babble

Member m_babble The Bad Boy of Good Behavior

United States
    I feel you man.
    I've had a lot of friends/acquaintances die on me in the past three years.
    Hang in there.
    Try to get out a lot and stay active.
    Keep yourself and your mind busy.

15. multiboy2k

multiboy2k Newbie

Be encouraged Resident0.Death is a very necessary part of life. I dont know what your relationship with God is like, but to be absent from the body is to be present with God. That means that, no death is ever really an accident. Everybody passes exactly when they are supposed to. And, God has simply returned your loved ones back to Him. Remember that YOU are still here. Celebrate the legacy of memories left by your loved ones that passed. Also, like everyone else here is saying, make sure that you take some kind of vacation right now. It's very important that you 'let go' and release your grief. The best way to do this is by occupying yourself with something else entirely. Dont feel guilty when you do this either. Your love ones would not want you living in perpetual sadness and despair. You must make the best of your time here on Earth.

It's not about how you long you have lived, it's about what you have chosen to do with the time.

16. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
    I can say I know how you feel Resident0, because last year my Grandpa and one of my aunts(my favourite one [​IMG] ) died, this year my father died :'( . You should know that everybody is going to die, and it is simply that Allah (or God as you call Him) chose to take their souls now.
    But you should try to forget about them what makes you feel painful, but at the same time, don't forget about them completely.

Hope you get better.