Hacking DealExtreme

Topfragger

Trophies
XP
Country
i would use them if i had paypal and seeing as how AUD is crushing the USD i would expect bargain deals, too bad though that i feel seethed from paying quite a fair bit for an Acekard 2 from a local reseller and how local resellers now seem like a ripoff.

trikon000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you live outside the US, you might get hit with either an import tax or customs tax you have to pay when in arrives before they can release it to you.

In countries like Belgium, the customer would have to pay the custom fee.

JSalcedo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just make sure the product you order says it ships in 1-3 days, not 2-5 because when it says 2-5 it usually means they don't have any current stock of the item and you may be left waiting for up to one month.

Fo0+

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought an EZ-flash 3-in-1, a DS Lite USB-charger, a Wii Remote Blue-LED Charge Station, DS Lite screen protectors and some other stuff from Dealextreme and my experience with them is great and some friends have bought some stuff from them as well and they always deliver as far as we know. The free shipping is nice and I can recommend it because of the low prize on the dollar.

lurbi

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
madridi4ever said:
You will find out that most people actually buy from there. They have the lowest prices. The one negative fact is that their shipping is very slow. Some even say it might take up to a month

I really wanted to order from there but my country doesnt support paypal (yet) and thats the only method available for payment

Yes ... they are slow ... 3-4 weeks to austria.
But until now everything was fine.

BUT you can order without a paypal account.
You simply click buy via creditcard on the paypal site.
Voila ... you enter the creditcardnumber and address and that is it.
You have to search for the link, because they want you to create a paypal account, but you do not really need it.

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
so far i have ordered 10 times from them:

8 arrived within a week.
wink.gif

2 cancelled because out of stock.

so from my experience i would give them 8/10.

the best & by far the cheapest international webshop.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Ordered three times from them, first two packages came exactly after two weeks, and third package came after two and half weeks, but there was one item missing (the most expensive part of the package, clear NDS Lite case) and there was a note that they just sold out all cases, and if they don't get it restocked within few days, I'll get my money back, I got that case just two days after (it means they sent that case two days after sending me first one)..So they proven as very reliable and fair seller..

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Topfragger said:
i would use them if i had paypal and seeing as how AUD is crushing the USD i would expect bargain deals, too bad though that i feel seethed from paying quite a fair bit for an Acekard 2 from a local reseller and how local resellers now seem like a ripoff.
Easy profit obviously. People don't mind pay $100 for a flashcard knowing what their going to use it for.

On Topic, great service and prices. They ship most of my orders within a day or 2 when its in stock.

seren

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You shouldn't feel ripped off. Your supporting a local aussie business! Your also getting faster delivery/pickup and better customer support. When I've contacted DX customer support via their ticket, I sometimes get a response which is sometimes totally unrelated to my question! (quite annoying, but expected)

That aside, DX have been quite good. Great prices and honest sellers, just don't expect speedy service/delivery. When ordering items "In Stock", they usually ship it within a few days, and it gets delivered in 1-2 weeks.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually haven't had any problems with speed recently. In fact, I should also be getting my newest shipment in 3~6 days, if it takes longer than that, then maybe they still are pretty slow. :[

I also don't think many people have been using the 'gift' option which usually speeds items up to around 7 days max or so.

sfunk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, last time I ordered from Dealextreme (a year ago) it took two weeks to get my R4 (which I was fine with). This time, I ordered an Acekard2 on the 21st and I received it on the 27th. That's not so bad at the price they charge (Free
tongue.gif
).

sboi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
cheapest price u can find online. not worth to use EMS cause if u use EMS, its the same as free shipping

tomqman

This Is Everyone's Fault But Mine.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi ive spent shit loads on dealextreme and no problems
smile.gif
always get the item. manily it takes about 2 weeks to come but i have ordered before and got my stuff the same week but also it has taken me 4weeks to get some stuff before but that was using ems.

FreshSoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are cheap as hell, but very slow. Takes 2-3 weeks for your stuff. Order from here if you don't care about the wait.

g4med4d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've bought items from them before but not flashcarts. Forgot how long it took but definitely not months. Sounds like shipping times can varies, depending on stock, luck and/or both.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Cheapest in the market, as everyone says. I've ordered a R4 for my cousin, and it arrived around his place in 3~4 weeks. If there were cheap but faster shipping options, I'd opt to take that instead of wait though. Too bad. They only have that super-speedy +$19 shipping option when you check out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*