Gaming Deadly Creatures

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
IGN has the first review of Deadly Creatures online, read it here.

Biggest plus is the sound, and the biggest con is the lack of multiplayer and the short singleplayer experience.
I've seen some gameplaymovies before, and I really liked it. The controls work veru well on the Wii.

We can expect the USA dump anytime now, the release is 9 February 2009.
The Australian releasedate isn't announced yet.

DaWiis

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.diemetrix.net
XP
Country
Norway
This game looks amazing
wink.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edge gave it 5/10. Thing with IGN is that the games they hype up always get good scores, despite quality and DC was hyped by them.

Was gonna pre-order it but might see what word of mouth is like when the NA version hits us in the next couple of days.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian Uranium said:
Edge gave it 5/10. Thing with IGN is that the games they hype up always get good scores, despite quality and DC was hyped by them.

Was gonna pre-order it but might see what word of mouth is like when the NA version hits us in the next couple of days.
Edge also gave Killzone 2 a 7, FEAR 2 an 8, and LOTR Conquest a 2. They're a horrible magazine, no one should take them seriously.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Hadrian Uranium said:

Edge also gave Killzone 2 a 7, FEAR 2 an 8, and LOTR Conquest a 2. They're a horrible magazine, no one should take them seriously.
IGN are terrible too for me. Only mentioend Edge as its the only other score out there.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
I havent been following much about deadly creatures, but that IGN review has raised my interest in it. It looks like it might be fun.

Gaisuto said:
Hadrian Uranium said:

I got to agree with Gaisuto on this, Edge is such an elitist and arrogant magazine I stopped reading it ages ago. Usually when I hear a game has scored a 5/10 on Edge I know to add at least two more points to the score.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
A German show already reviewed/played it. They said, it's a good game, and you will have many hours of fun, if you don't expect an action-blockbuster. So, yeah, I'm looking forward to it
smile.gif

Zagger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Why are they a horrible magazine? For using the whole score scale from 1 to 10 instead of making us think that a game with a 6 or 7 is a horrible game like ign does? Yeah right..

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Zagger said:
Why are they a horrible magazine? For using the whole score scale from 1 to 10 instead of making us think that a game with a 6 or 7 is a horrible game like ign does? Yeah right..

I personally dont like Edge because it underscores on all its reviews. Ive found many times before they completely slate a game for various reasons, but then I play it and actually enjoy it, and think its good. They are too busy being elitist and critiquing games like they were a piece of art or something, that they dont take fun into account when reviewing. Which completely misses the point of playing a game in the first place.

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zagger said:
IGN uses the same sort of scale doesn't it? I mean a 5 from IGN means the same as a 5 from Edge.

Also I never thought that a IGN game that is rated 6 or 7 is terrible, they even describe the score with a word. A game that scores 6 gets "passable" and a 7 gets "decent".

QUOTE(p1ngpong @ Feb 9 2009, 09:17 PM) I personally dont like Edge because it underscores on all its reviews. Ive found many times before they completely slate a game for various reasons, but then I play it and actually enjoy it, and think its good. They are too busy being elitist and critiquing games like they were a piece of art or something, that they dont take fun into account when reviewing. Which completely misses the point of playing a game in the first place.
I love the way they have the mag laid out and all its just the reviewers seem to be up their own arses. One review I read they were laying into a game for being well rated when it wasn't to the reviewers taste.
wtf.gif

Zagger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No i dont think they do, they just dont go along with all the hype... using the killzone example (no i havent played it yet), from what i´ve been reading the game has some superb graphics but its a rather normal fps... so its only normal that it doesnt get an outstanding score, i dont know...
Ign usually rates most BAD games with a 5 or 6 and well... they did rate god hand for the ps2 without even going trough the 1st level just because it was hard (or so they say) so that really says a lot about their capacity to evaluate..

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EDGE is an elitist magazine, thats for sure, but in the same way there is pretty much always a strong basis that as long as you aren't a fanboy riding the hype train of the next major game you can understand a see how their view and score is pretty fair. i.e with killzone.

Saying that, they've always been pretty tough on 3rd party nintendo developers, I never understood why.

I'd need to play and read to see if their review is fair enough for deadly creatures, after watching the IGN review its caught my attention so ill probably give it a go.

xergal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The bigger sites and publications are bung orientated, period.

If YOU ( the consumer) likes the game, then that should be good enough. Never take a review as given..

Hadrian

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chaseincats said:
im sorry but i dont know what people see in this game

i hate bugs

i dont want to play as them
The way Spiders & Scorpions look just repulse me but the game is something very different to the usual games in the genre and its clear that the developers have put an awful lot into it.

EDIT: Gamesradar gave it a 8 too for those interested in scores. Full review:
http://www.gamesradar.com/wii/deadly-creat...93217437005/p-2

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
got this today up to the 2nd level with the scorpion. pretty cool so far i love doing the finishing moves. as the creature your fighting is half dead you go up to it and push c and use a series of gestures to finish them!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16