1. MaxiBus

OP MaxiBus GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Hy,
    i did a RCM X86 install on a at first glance perfectly fine switch (successfuly made 20+ the last months), and messed up.
    I checked the solder joints, checked for shorts, all good. A clean solder job in my opinion, so i am not sure whether i caused the fault or whether the fault was already present at the time of purchase.

When i start the switch, i have a black screen (not RCM).
    When i start the switch without emmc, i can boot into rcm, but not WITH emmc.
    When i am in rcm with hekate payload, all battery stats are at 0%, also the charging current shows 0% (battery is at ~4 Volts).

Did i blow up MT92... or PI3USB or something? There are no shorts, at least I have not measured any.

I would appreciate a little help, thank you!

Last edited by MaxiBus, Mar 2, 2021
  2. thesjaakspoiler

thesjaakspoiler GBAtemp Regular

Afghanistan
    The 3DS did terminate the boot sequence without a battery.
    Probably Nintendo added the same logic to the Switch.
    There are some posts here mentioning that a Switch won't run without a dead battery.
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/can-a-switch-without-battery-work-docked.488565/page-2

You could check the battery voltage itself.
    It should have a positive voltage of about +2 volt, even when almost completely drained.
    Most charging circuits have some protection when the voltage drops too low.
    Then they won't even charge the battery anymore.
    If you have a second Switch you could try that battery to see if the charging circuit is working correctly.
    If the battery is ok, then it's most likely the charging circuit.

3. MaxiBus

OP MaxiBus GBAtemp Regular

Austria
    Thank you very much for the quick reply.
    The battery voltage is at approx. 4V. I tried it with another fully charged battery, its the same error.

What could be the cause for the 0% in Hekate? I have attached a screenshot to illustrate what I mean.
    The switch takes some minutes to load the "Battery Fuel Gauge Registers" Part, maybe its normal, i do not know.

Thx!

EDIT: i saw, that the tide symbol translates to - here. So, not -4V but appr. 4V

Attached Files:

Last edited by MaxiBus, Mar 3, 2021
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - working, Switch,