Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil

Named Dead Space Extraction, the game is a prequel to the original Dead Space. It's a first person on-rails shooter like HoTD:Overkill. The strategic dismemberment mechanics are present and all the weapons from the 360/PS3/PC game + teleknesis and stasis. Don't know exactly how, but puzzles are confirmed to the game. Co-op mode also confirmed. Graphics are quite impressive for the Wii.

source: http://wii.ign.com/articles/954/954895p1.html

dead-space-20090217093833291.jpg

dead-space-20090217093835104.jpg

dead-space-20090217094959689_640w.jpg

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So after all graphics were not the problem in bringing Dead Space to Wii, unlike many said... Still I would have loved to use the pointer in third-person with free movement but like in UmbrellaChronicles this could turn out to be great. I hope that it will sell well, so we eventually get a "real" Dead Space even though I find on-rail-shooter great
wink.gif

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn, on rails huh?

Well if EA shown this trailer without the Dead Space name attached I'd be pretty hype about it but whatever it looks great and at least its not a port shoehorned onto the Wii. Another 3rd party Wii game to take an interest in.
smile.gif

I hope the puzzle elements & strategic dismemberment mechanics add to the genre.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised. The game's concept actually makes a lot of sense now.
Hell, if they're doing it right, this could even kick HotD Overkill's ass.

Master Mo said:
So after all graphics were not the problem in bringing Dead Space to Wii, unlike many said... [...]I hope that it will sell well, so we eventually get a "real" Dead Space even though I find on-rail-shooter great
Come on. It does look great for a Wii game, but the graphics still are nowhere near those of the 360 or PC versions. I'm still convinced that if this was a straight port of Dead Space, the experience would be nowhere near as intense.
And "we" already got a "real" Dead Space, what else would the PC and 360 versions be? Not everyone around here is unambitious enough to only own a Wii in the year 2009.
Don't take it personal, but expecting EA to port Dead Space to the Wii just because you still haven't got around to buying a 360 yet is cheee-heeaaap. Game developers have limited resources, and if they end up spending most of them on Wii ports of games that were never meant to be on the Wii, that really sucks. This one at least makes sense, because it's a different game than the original Dead Space. The only reason why people believe a straight port of Dead Space is actually an option at this point is because some news source was full of bullshit and called this game a port, when clearly it's not a port at all.
Also, they probably did opt for on-rail-shooting gameplay instead of 3rd-person gameplay for a reason, so something tells me it's more likely than not that there won't ever be a "real" Dead Space on the Wii.

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Weird, I thought I would be disappointed about the graphics.. but they're great. Instead I'm disappointed for it being on rails, the third person camera would work great :/

Although, after playing Overkill, I think this will be a pretty fun game, the dismemberment mechanics should work well with the genre. I'm really curious to see how they'll fit puzzles and the stasis mechanics in that.

D

Deleted User

Wow, this looks awesome for Wii standards and considering that I absolutely love on rails shooters I hope it will turn out great!

Hadrian Uranium said:
manaphy4ever said:
Wow cool i like it nice graphics now i must buy guns for my wii for HOTD:overkill
Guns really make the game worse.
Absolutely, just play it with the Wiimote only.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
enough of the zombies and destruction of the world!!
why cant we be more realistic -.-

nice graphics. repetitive storyline.

CockroachMan

OP
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
tinymonkeyt said:
enough of the zombies and destruction of the world!!
why cant we be more realistic -.-

What do you want? A game about having a job and paying bills!?

QUOTE(War @ Feb 18 2009, 12:25 PM) AHAHA, I KNEW IT.

All according to keikaku, Nintendo. I knew you couldn't handle it.

Can't handle what? The one thing people were afraid was the graphics in the thing.. and they turned out to be great! Why the hell EA decided to make it a on-rails shooter I have no idea..
sleep.gif

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Vater Unser said:
Come on. It does look great for a Wii game, but the graphics still are nowhere near those of the 360 or PC versions. I'm still convinced that if this was a straight port of Dead Space, the experience would be nowhere near as intense.
And "we" already got a "real" Dead Space, what else would the PC and 360 versions be? Not everyone around here is unambitious enough to only own a Wii in the year 2009.
Don't take it personal, but expecting EA to port Dead Space to the Wii just because you still haven't got around to buying a 360 yet is cheee-heeaaap. Game developers have limited resources, and if they end up spending most of them on Wii ports of games that were never meant to be on the Wii, that really sucks. This one at least makes sense, because it's a different game than the original Dead Space. The only reason why people believe a straight port of Dead Space is actually an option at this point is because some news source was full of bullshit and called this game a port, when clearly it's not a port at all.
Also, they probably did opt for on-rail-shooting gameplay instead of 3rd-person gameplay for a reason, so something tells me it's more likely than not that there won't ever be a "real" Dead Space on the Wii.
And I still think it has nothing to do with the graphic. As far as I can see in that video it could also be a downgraded-port of the 360-game if the character was visible just with weaker graphics but that wouldn`t take anything away from the experience. If is still dark and scary but that`s is still to be expirience... I mean this all is just theoretically and we won`t see a straight port of the "real" game for Wii (yet) but I am still not convinced with the argument, that Dead Space is just about graphics and that the gameplay wouldn`t be enhanced with a pointer...

This is clearly still a Nintendo community (that`s how I still see it...
rolleyes.gif
) and why somebody doesn`t own a system is really ones own business... And to call a not-360-owner unambitious is IMO really offending to everybody who doesn`t own the system, for whatever reason it is! Personally I find the software of the system just unappealing (except some interesting titel) and I have more fun with my Wii for sure. And I`m surely able to purchase one if I choose to, since it is just for 140€ around here... So money was never a reason not to choose the system (I rather buy a MD (with Sonic 1-3K) and a DC, which I did
tongue.gif
)! As I said many time on other threads I´ve played MassEffect on the 360 (borrowed from a friend) and I thought that it would have been way better with less "first-saw-impressive" graphics and a pointer, because I experienced, that the visuals didn`t enhance my experience for more than an hour!

So gameplay over graphics might not be a definite statement, because eventually it is a matter of taste but I sure think so
wink.gif

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Hmm i recommend this Gun very cheap and handy
Cheap? It's £10 for a plastic shell that will make nigh on negligible difference to the game.

And when I saw 'original prequel', I was going wow inside. Then I saw 'on-rails' and just wondered why :\. Still, the trailer looks far more promising than I expected. If it's truly as scary as it looks, uses sound as effectively and keeps up those graphics it'll be above and beyond Umbrella Chronicles and Overkill already. Throw in a great story, some original, surprising moments and a variety of enemies, and it actually has potential to be very good.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can tell you why they went with an On-Rails shooter for the Wii version.

Because of the graphics lol.

The Wii does not have the processing power to allow for graphics like that to be handled on such a large scale of loading an entire area, where you can look wherever you like and go wherever you please. This way, they only have to make one path of an area, and hell, even the Creatures will be all laid out to jump out of the same place (just like most ORS's {on-rail shooters? Anyone?}) but it looks hella pretty. All they had to do was put in locational damage (for dismemberment purposes) and bam. Its your standard ORS, with prettier graphics, no need for AI or "level" design, and the processor can handle it.

I think its a decent side-story game, from the looks of it, and i do enjoy me a good ORS. Still haven't played HotD:overkill (or 2/3 for that matter... on the wii anyway) but theres a good chance i'll be snagging all three of these in the near future (well 2 HotD games... and when DS comes out i'll grab that too)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Nothing like tearing ass up on a back road
    BigOnYa I think narcissism has all but killed love
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I think I can agree on that.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People tend to think look at everything I have gains attention but ends up making them look worse for what it is
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    +1
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: People miss him because he used to be active a lot. +1