F*** you, Nintendo!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

QUOTE said:
The most striking difference between Extraction and the original Dead Space is the change in control schemes. You'll no longer control your protagonist from the tight, over-the-shoulder perspective that Resident Evil 4 made popular. Instead, Extraction takes on the form of a guided first-person shooter. In other words, it's a game whose roots you can trace back to the light-gun shooters of old such as The House of the Dead and Time Crisis. Modern trappings have been added to the mix, though: The locator trail that guided you to objectives in Dead Space returns, but now with branching paths that you can choose between, and occasional cinematic moments give you an onscreen indicator to let you know that you can move the camera all around you to pick up on optional details...

Read more at the source.

Can't say it looks bad. If they actually deliver what they promise, this could be one of the best Wii titles so far.

(Sorry if it was posted already, didn't find it in the USN forum.)

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I like how he calls it a "first person guided experience" or whatever that bullshit name was. He says it's different because the cutscene integration is "seamless". Uh, hello? That's how it is for most of the new OTR shooters. You're not the first one to try this. So should the others be considered "first person guided experiences" as well? /facepalm

They really should have just focused on Dead Space 2.

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EA should try to make a competent arcade rail shooter, or maybe a competent arcade game before they try to reinvent the genre.

EA's last "rail shooter" effort was Nerf N' Strike.
The game looks good graphicly but is just a collection of mini games with some smack talk from a CPU player that doesn't actually play.
Infact you just beat their pre-set score.... very lame... and annoying...
There is a rail shooter segment, but its very limited and short. Though it wasn't too bad, it wasn't all that great either and had alot of issues.

I don't see this game being very good as a rail shooter at all.
I'd be plesently surprised but I was really hoping for a nice RE4 killer.
Though Sega did show rail shooters as a perfect fit on the Wii.

Overal the game should be worth a rental at the least though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: