Dead Space Achievements Question

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by JustTheOtherGuy, Jun 22, 2014.

1. To get it off the table: No I am not an achievement hunter or someone emotionally attached to trophies and achievements and other unlocks
    BUT...
    I got Dead Space in the Humble EA bundle last summer and activated in my steam library. I finally started playing it some months ago, but got bored. Decided to finish it this week and just did(The game was not too bad imho). I realized that there are not any achievements or checkpoints to show that I've finished the game or found some of the secrets, and was left wondering why this is, since I know there are on console

tl;dr Why are there no achievements in Dead Space for PC

2. Attila13

Attila13 Praise the Creep!

Oct 11, 2010
    Romania
    Zalau,Romania
    Because the devs didn't bother to implement steamworks in the game. But this is the case with most of the EA/Ubisoft titles. They don't have any achievements, at least there's none I know about.
    But some of the games from EA have achievements on Origin and some games from Ubisoft have achievements on Uplay, and for games that don't have on neither clients than the devs didn't bother implementing them, that's all.

tl;dr No steamworks, no achievements.

3. I suspected as much. I just got a bit upset when I realized that I have no proof or reminder that I finished the game, since the story was pretty forgettable and I dont plan on replaying. Whatever...thanks for the answer

4. Attila13

Attila13 Praise the Creep!

Oct 11, 2010
    Romania
    Zalau,Romania
    No problem. :) Well you can always do a screenshot at the end of the game as a proof. :P

5. marcus134

marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 7, 2011
    Canada
    Qu├ębec
    next to the play button, steam show you how many hours you've played, which can be a good indicator that you have played through the game.

If you want to segregate the games you played from the games you haven't played yet, you can create a category

6. Its not too big a deal(just being a bit OCD), but thanks for the tips