Dead Island Sequel Announced

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Hadrian, Jun 5, 2012.

Jun 5, 2012
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Dead Island was one of those titles that had mixed opinions, some were meh, some hated it and some like me played it to the end and then played the new episode...it was a great surprise for me but then I ignored the trailers and only saw gameplay footage.

Anyway the first game sold very well, and was rated well (though on PC a lot more) so Dead Island Riptide has been announced for "consoles" & PC. Nothing else was said. As much as I loved the game, there are bits that could be improved (I hear especially the console versions of the first) and added...I'd like to see more survival stuff personally and maybe you can build your own fort. Oh and cutscenes for the solo mode which didn't feature three other characters you never saw outside of cutscenes.

So erm that's it so here is the logo:

[​IMG]

And here is the source:
    http://kotaku.com/5915968/dead-island-returns-with-sequel-to-hoodoo-your-voodoo

2. DarkShadow96

Member DarkShadow96 LA96£

Canada
    Cool. I always wanted to get the first one... but I just never did.

I'll be looking forward to this one.

3. Skelletonike

Member Skelletonike ♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀

Portugal
    Please, please make Third Person View as an option!!
    I really loved the game, it was really awesome, but games that only have FP views really turn me off. =(
    Well, I'll still get the sequel, just that having an optional view would be the icing on the cake. *-*

4. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Hopefully they learn from their mistakes and improve the difficulty of the game, increase zombie variety about tenfold, and at least an OPTION for much greater zombie density.

The game was boring as fuck. Every zombie was as weak as a kitten and there was maybe 5 in an area tops. Boooooring.

That and combat improvements so it isn't just a "mash attack till shit stops doin' what it's doin' " system

1 person likes this.
  5. R2DJ

Member R2DJ GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    LOVED the game. Just got it a month ago and got Xian Mei to level 60 and wiped out the cheevos. I like these kind of games where you can collect loads of stuff. No matter what level you are, the quarantine zone in the city WILL always get to you.

I second that third-person perspective and the sewers not being included. Also, right now I'm playing with people who have hacked weapons and money (one-hit kill exceptional weapons, infinite ammo, etc.) and it takes the fun out of it.

6. Celice

Member Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I was really let down with the game. It had great idea behind it--something like Borderlands and the Elder Scrolls games, combined with a roaming zombie outbreak was just awesome sounded. Then you get the game, and nothing is lived out to its full potential. The areas are generic and empty, the enemies monotonous, combat repetitive--guns all but useless and weapons junk. If they only lived up to the expectations, the developers could have made a game that turned everyone's head. Instead, they had a bland and frustrated experience that unfairly tarnished what could have been.

I hope they can pull out for the second one, scrub off all the muck, and give us a really fun game.

1 person likes this.
  7. koimayeul

Member koimayeul GBAtemp Maniac

France
    Wow and i just bought the first, i've tried it for a little hour to see if my new computer handle it and my first impressions are very good, especialy using the 360 controller. Good to hear there is a sequel in progress for later!

Currently on sale 60% here, PC Steam version. A steal at that price! Forget about the DLC though unless a fan as it's expensive and shorty with less than average reviews.

http://www.greenmangaming.com/

Edit : nvm they didn't update the front page the deal is over.. sorry :/

8. raulpica

Supervisor raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Italy
    This, and this.

The game was utterly boring. I played it for an hour or so before dropping it amidst my yawnings. Dull empty areas, and few repetitive (and stupid) mobs.

Meh. Zombies should've been like in L4D, that would have made DI a lot more interesting ;)

9. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    I hope Sam B makes a comeback.

Sam B only knows one letter... and it's gas pedal.

10. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    I hope that they expand upon the first game. I liked Dead Island, though it felt too easy and could have done with a lot more customization with combat. Maybe perhaps a more range of weapons, or you could do what Dead Rising 2 did and have the ability to combine weapons.

11. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    its a game in which u will be spooked, can play multi and has a nice mix of elements. kinda like dementium.

12. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    Looking forward to it, had some good elements and glad I could pick it up relatively cheaply.
    Room for improvement so hopefully they can pull it off.