Hardware Dead Ds

afc_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys only my 2nd post hope it is in the right forum?!!!!.i put a new case on my daughters ds lite last week fiddly but all working had cracked hinge(dont they all?). her cousin had a old ds with same problem,so i changed the case on this it was fully working but when i put it back together it was dead!!!.rechecked all ribbon cables F2 was blown top fuse soldered over this and stilll dead it charges but will not turn on.any pointers or help would be much apreciated please... many thnks Rob.
yaynds.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Seems like more then just that fuse is dead. Don't have much experience with the DS internals though so I can\t help you a lot. Maybe the power switch isn't good anymore (remembers the PSP days), or another fuse is blown (I seem to remember there is another one on there, but can't remember where). Hope I helped a little
smile.gif

afc_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the other fuse is fine,may have damageed the ribbon cables maybe? they look alright the 2 small ones under botton screen cable one of them is a little loose? black wire is speakers im guessing? i will get magnifying glass out and have a good look round i think.or maybe just wright it off as a door stop maybe lol.power switch the bubble still goes up and down.cheers rob

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Theres a really good guide for this...at Maxconsole forums. I'll go find a link.

Also, would a mod move this so this guys kids can get a little help? This is in the wrong area, the people who might know are probably all over in the NDS section, probably lurking in Hardware, Devices and Utilities.

smile.gif

afc_man

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cool thanks for that i gizmo i will not be posting till 20th may as im off to sun myself on a beach with the kids,ohh there may also be some alcohol involved,i will get back to you guys then cheers Rob

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1