dead ds lite?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dsjoes, Jul 29, 2009.

Jul 29, 2009

dead ds lite? by dsjoes at 6:26 PM (722 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. dsjoes
    OP

Member dsjoes GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i have been given my sisters old ds to see if it can be fix.
    the problem is when you turn the console on it asks for all the information you have to enter when you you buy or reset the console and after you have done all of that it turns off and when you turn it back on it asks for it again. i think that my brother has tried to flash it and it has corrupted.

so is their anything i can try to fix it. it doesnt matter if it is dead because they have got a new one and this is a little battered

2. Sanderino

Member Sanderino I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone

Netherlands
    Yeah.. I think It's been prette broke.. Do you have guarantee or something? Did your sisters DS has a flashcard?

3. dsjoes
    OP

Member dsjoes GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    yes it had acekard 2i but my brother let one of his friends try to flash it. no warranty as it was bought on release the console is a little faulty so it doesn't matter is it cant be fixed

4. anaxs

Member anaxs got milk, got candy

Canada
    y would u get ace kard 2i for ds lite
    its made for the dsi even tho it workson all it gets messed u after a while unless u hav e a really good one

u should have gotten 2.1 acekard

any ways email nintendo and ask them

5. RTAgent5

Newcomer RTAgent5 Member

United States
    From what I can tell it seems like it may be an issue with the console's Flash NAND inside the DS. The NAND is the little bit of Flash memory that stores the firmware and all of the information for user operation. Though since it boots up the firmware just fine apparently, it could be an issue with the connection of the battery. Or the battery itself. Since, normally, every time you pull out the battery it resets all the system information.

What I would do is open the back of the case where the battery is housed. You can do this with an eyeglass repair kit screw driver or equivilent.

Pull out the battery and check it's connectors, if they seem corroded at all, replace it. If not, check for a small circular sticker inside the battery housing, check to see if it is white or pinkish colored. That's called an LDI (Liquid Damage Indicator). If that is pinkish or red, then the system was exposed to water in some form or another and that may have led to this issue. If it's white, then don't worry about it. [​IMG]

Next check the connectors for the battery and see if they are damaged at all, most likely not, but it's worth a shot [​IMG] .

Next put the battery back and see if it works again, sometimes all you need to do is power-cycle your device to get it working again.

(The term power-cycle refers to the removing of all power sources for an electrical device and reapplying them again.)

Anything from this point forward would require a trigram screwdriver (which can be found on the internet), and most likely a soldering iron.

When this happened to me all I had to do was replace the battery and everything was all hunky-dori after that but your situation may be different. I do however wish you the best of luck.

BTW: Sorry if any of that was confusing, I tend to speak computer a lot. I build computers for a living [​IMG] .

6. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Beat the shit out of your brothers friend for ruining a perfectly fine DS [​IMG]

7. RTAgent5

Newcomer RTAgent5 Member

United States
    I agree, or just make him buy a new one, and/or make him successfully flash it, then/or make said friend buy a new one.

8. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    Yeah, you probably should get your brothers friend to at least come up with some money to buy a new one, after all he did mess with it.