Dead battery on iPad Air?

DavidRO99

Average Ryzen user.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
My sister has an iPad Air jailbroken on 7.1.2. She states that she didnt charge it for 2 months and it started charging really slowly when she did. After that she came to me a week later saying that her iPad wont charge at all now. Any ideas?(Apple repair is just.... No.... 99$ for a repair....)

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I've just looked through the instructions on iFixit and it's a very difficult procedure. Just to take out the battery took them 111 steps, and it'll be pretty much the same in reverse due to the amount of small connectors and the sheer quantity of glue used to hold everything together.

I would personally just go for the Apple repair service. You could try local repair shops although with them you can't guarantee it will be put back together perfectly.

The possible points that could prevent proper charging is if the power socket, charger, cable, or lightning socket are faulty and not getting a good electrical current through. Otherwise it may be internal (e.g. If heat caused the battery to degrade) and that should only be fixed by Apple. As luckkill4u mentioned, an iPad Air shouldn't develop these problems when it's less than 3 years old (and mine is still going strong after constant daily use), but I can't think of anything else it could be.

You may also like...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    If you know what you're doing
    +1
  • BlazeMasterBM @ BlazeMasterBM:
    still, kinda expensive. I'd have to see everything that I can do with a modded Swicth lite
    +1
    plus I'm already busy with work and uni, I'd have to make some space in my schedule
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Internet: CHIP IT YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO ALREADY
    +2
  • M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ:
    @K3N1, Yes, that.
    It's not that difficult if you know exactly on what you are doing.
    yeah, and I've never even opened up a Switch lite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yep it's sitting there waiting for a chip...like cereal waiting for the milk!
    +1
    so im not sure I'd be willing to pay that price and possibly fuck it up. I'd have to do my research first
    +1
    I never got to open up uremum /j
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Opening it isn't that hard it's the fine solder points you need to be accurate with
    +1
    @BlazeMasterBM, Oh yes, really important.
    i know, i was using that to say that I've never tinkered with/soldered anything in a Switch lite
    +1
    I use a Quickoo soldering station with a fine iron tip.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Pay someone here to install chip, or sell it and buy a v1
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    Softmods are probably going to flood out once Nintendy releasesna new console in 5 years
    +1
    Like every single console except the tougher ones like the Xbox One have been all cracked.
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    I think Nvidia pretty much gave up on the Tegra lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But by then the Soulja Boy Gaming System 6.0 will be out and you won't want the Switch anymore
    +1
  • K3N1 @ K3N1:
    You can finally run nsps at 30fps on the crandat v6
    I loved how that all went down.
    +1
    Then Soulja trying to boast about him owning Atari, then gets destroyed over it.
    M4x1mumReZ @ M4x1mumReZ: Then Soulja trying to boast about him owning Atari, then gets destroyed over it.