DBI integrity check mismatch?

RJMayhem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello

I've never checked the integrity of my games till recently when I found the DBI app. I've come across a few mismatches that I don't really understand. I OWN the game carts I used NXdumptool to backup the xci. I used OFW to update the games before creating my emunand then I installed the XCI using Awoo installer to install the xci into my emunand sd card. The game runs fine just don't understand the mismatch.

Usually it fixes the mismatch just for my Pokemon Sword Update the mismatch is not fixable it says.

Thanks

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello

I've never checked the integrity of my games till recently when I found the DBI app. I've come across a few mismatches that I don't really understand. I OWN the game carts I used NXdumptool to backup the xci. I used OFW to update the games before creating my emunand then I installed the XCI using Awoo installer to install the xci into my emunand sd card. The game runs fine just don't understand the mismatch.

Usually it fixes the mismatch just for my Pokemon Sword Update the mismatch is not fixable it says.

Thanks
converted files trend to have mismatch checks, try redumping YOUR ORIGINAL AND LEGALLY AQUIRED media and run the test again.

Reactions: Blythe93

RJMayhem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
converted files trend to have mismatch checks, try redumping YOUR ORIGINAL AND LEGALLY AQUIRED media and run the test again.
Ok, Ill give that ago it is a OLD dump there is better ways now it seems or at least newer ways to dump them. Still not sure if that will fix it as the update has the mismatch not the game. Just in case I've included PROOF I own the game. I buy my games I only mod for homebrew, cheats, & romfs mods.
Post automatically merged:

Ok, Ill give that ago it is a OLD dump there is better ways now it seems or at least newer ways to dump them. Still not sure if that will fix it as the update has the mismatch not the game. Just in case I've included PROOF I own the game. I buy my games I only mod for homebrew, cheats, & romfs mods.

LMAO just noticed that my diamond game not sword which again I own lol

Attachments

• 20240524_125025.jpg
    20240524_125025.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 5
Last edited by RJMayhem,

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique

I must not be understanding something. How does the update have the mismatch when you said above you create the emunand with the updates already on it. then install yourt dumped cart xci on top of it? Maybe the mismatch is from having the update pre-installed BEFORE installing the game? Or as impeeze stated, converted files usually always have some type of mismatch or another. It sounds like the file has been altered in some way. If you deep scan the files with NSC_Builder it may give you some further information. Why not simply play your legit carts on OFW though?

RJMayhem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I must not be understanding something. How does the update have the mismatch when you said above you create the emunand with the updates already on it. then install yourt dumped cart xci on top of it? Maybe the mismatch is from having the update pre-installed BEFORE installing the game? Or as impeeze stated, converted files usually always have some type of mismatch or another. It sounds like the file has been altered in some way. If you deep scan the files with NSC_Builder it may give you some further information. Why not simply play your legit carts on OFW though?
That's why I posted don't make sense to me either. I dumped the update nsp for storage also which checks fine. I like not having to switch the carts around this way the stay safe in the cases. I have a 1TB sd card so I have the room why not install them and not have to worry about bring carts with me while I'm on the go. Cheats & romfs mods. Also being able to backup my saves is nice.

What I did and seemed to work was used DBi to uninstall the update then also used DBI to install the update again now the error is gone. Not sure why it happened maybe it does have something to do with installing the xci instead of a nsp or even the update before the game? I'm not sure. Might have to switch the DBI to install instead of Awoo.

One thing I noticed using DBI to install is it skips files it you don't need which i think Awoo probably just installs all files and might causes slight problems in the check but seem to run fine.

Last edited by RJMayhem,
Reactions: RedColoredStars

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Mozambique
That's why I posted don't make sense to me either. I dumped the update nsp for storage also which checks fine. I like not having to switch the carts around this way the stay safe in the cases. I have a 1TB sd card so I have the room why not install them and not have to worry about bring carts with me while I'm on the go. Cheats & romfs mods. Also being able to backup my saves is nice.

What I did and seemed to work was used DBi to uninstall the update then also used DBI to install the update again now the error is gone. Not sure why it happened maybe it does have something to do with installing the xci instead of a nsp or even the update before the game? I'm not sure. Might have to switch the DBI to install instead of Awoo.

Some errors occur when converting an xci to an nsp, but that doesn't seem like what happened. I think it might be like I said, and that you may agree with. Was caused from having the update installed before installing the game. But I'm not positive.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, Welcome back