David Jaffe dropping more hints about next gen portables

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by heartgold, Feb 22, 2010.

1. heartgold
    OP

Member heartgold GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3178049

'they will be very similar' this will be interesting hmmm, can't wait to see what's install.

EDIT: Can a mod please take the 'his' bit out the topic title =/

2. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    I actually expected this year's E3 to be especially interesting for Wii and PS3 owners. Sony is really competing with Microsoft now, and 2010 will probably be one of the best years for Wii. If Sony and Nintendo also both announce their new portable gaming systems, that would be great. Microsoft always has a good show, so this'll be a great E3!

3. DSGamer64

Member DSGamer64 Canadian, Eh?

Canada
    2010 is just going to be another fail year for the Wii. All the supposed good games for the Wii either came out and just sequels are expected, there hasn't been any news on any of those up and coming new games by independent developers in 3 years.

4. Maikel Steneker

Netherlands
    What's wrong with sequels? I'd love to play the next Sin & Punishment, Metroid, Mario and Zelda. There are also quite a few interesting third party games, like Red Steel 2 and Trauma Team.

5. Mr.Mysterio

Member Mr.Mysterio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Qatar
    Hmmm!
    So I guess we can expect touch screen controls from Sony and and a more powerful handheld from Nintendo.
    E3 will certainly be very interesting.

6. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    so sonys getting into the duel/touch screens too aye? in the end it will come down to which has better graphics and which is more powerful that's all peeps care about these days [​IMG]

7. Arwen20

Member Arwen20 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This is exciting news. I wish E3 was sooner! I can't wait to see and hear about the latest in handheld technology.

8. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Really? Thought it was games.

I don't see why Sony would have two screens on their console, its not like it needs more than one. DS extra screen was just there to separate it from the GB brand.

9. Bladexdsl

Member Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    well the ds certainly doesn't win in that category 95% of it's games are pure SW. if they follow the same path this time though with ds 2 since the psp 2 will be similar the ds2 won't stand a chance this time. the ds only got away with outselling the psp cos it was different but if their roughly the same the outcome will be A LOT different.

10. Hadrian

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Nintendo DS sold because its games appealed to people more and Nintendo know how to market a handheld. If anything if the PSP2 is the same as the DS2 then its the PSP2 that wont do as well. Nintendo has the bigger brand now, it has the advantage.

And yeah the DS has more crap than good games but it does have more good games than the PSP has.

Nintendo doesn't even need to have any original ideas this time, just announce new Brain Training, Mario, Zelda, Nintendodogs, Layton & Animal Crossing and they're set.

11. syko5150

Member syko5150 GBAtemp Syko!

United States
    i still think nintendo will win in the end...sony brings out too many games that are fun for like an hour then you dont want to bother anymore but seriously even though people say there are so many shovelware titles on DS there are also a lot of great games a lot more then sony has put out anyway.graphics are the least of my concern when playing a game sure they are nice to look at but I'd rather have a game that's fun to play over and over then a game i can be mesmerized by looking at it for an hour...

12. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    Awesome!

Hopefully, my prediction was right. In another thread I had an argument about whether the DS2 will be shown at E3. It seems like the PSP2 and DS2 will be shown at E3. Not so much for the Wii2.

13. Maikel Steneker

Netherlands
    I don't agree. I don't really like the PSP, but on PS3 Sony has got a lot of great games that are fun to play on and on. While Nintendo games are usually fun to play even years later, they don't give you that much content in my opinion.

But with the next DS, I'm fairly confident that Nintendo will keep their position. The DS did incredibly well, better than even fans (like me) could hope for in 2004. As Hadrian says, if Nintendo announces sequels to some of their popular DS titles and announce some new ones as well they have practically already won the handheld war.

14. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Damn, now I might have two handhelds to have to buy (and buy games for).
    Hopefully both can be hacked easily, or I'll go broke before I graduate college.

15. ganons

Member ganons GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United Kingdom
    betting psp2 will be more powerful but ds2 will have winning games in the end like ds

16. syko5150

United States
    i agree with you i really enjoy PS3 but i was mentioning sony as in their handheld games since its a discussion on PSP2/DS2 but even so Nintendo has created some franchises that sony cant even compete with like Mario,Zelda,Metroid & Pokemon just to name a few and imagine if they put Smash Bros on DS2...sony has a few franchises that are good also but nothing that can compare to what nintendo has done and will continue doing for who knows how long.

17. Mr.Mysterio

Member Mr.Mysterio GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Qatar
    I really want to know whether the next Nintendo handheld will have Dual Screens.
    Its not mentioned anywhere it will have Dual Screens right?

18. Satangel

Member Satangel BEAST

Belgium
    My guess is yes, I don't think they'll drop the DS games so fast.

19. syko5150

United States
    i agree it would be dumb to not make it backwards compatible unless they want to be like sony and force people to buy the older system(handheld in this case).

20. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Not just that, a lot of people, mainly kids, like the touch screen based games, and that's what the DS is best at for them. Ninty won't give up on the dual screens as long as these games are still being sold, I guess.