Status
Not open for further replies.

indirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, would it be possible to find out what other bank gifts there are and then add those as codes? If anyone else doesn't want to do it I'll look into it but new to save editing so any tools / ideas of what to look for would be helpful :)

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So, would it be possible to find out what other bank gifts there are and then add those as codes? If anyone else doesn't want to do it I'll look into it but new to save editing so any tools / ideas of what to look for would be helpful :)

Pokebank gifts are written into a slot in the save.

They aren't "hiding" in the game waiting to be collected :/

indirect

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokebank gifts are written into a slot in the save.

They aren't "hiding" in the game waiting to be collected :/

Thats what I figured but was hoping it was the same "security" as things like Diancie (basically just hidden waiting to be revealed)

WickedSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been enjoying my PS, but has anyone had any permanent issues?

A friend of mine also has a PS and was using it to make back ups for checking ESV and TSV for shiny hatching eggs (using Keysav, the new Instacheck). He had been using it for a couple weeks, then suddenly had an issue with a black screen stating he needed to power off. Game plays fine until he goes into the PC and tries to use it. After a little bit, it crashes. Restoring back ups did not change this glitch. It seems the X cart is fubar'd. Even a new game save has this issue... Used his Y cart and experienced the same failures.

I can't find anyone else that has had this issue. Hoping it's just him.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been enjoying my PS, but has anyone had any permanent issues?

A friend of mine also has a PS and was using it to make back ups for checking ESV and TSV for shiny hatching eggs (using Keysav, the new Instacheck). He had been using it for a couple weeks, then suddenly had an issue with a black screen stating he needed to power off. Game plays fine until he goes into the PC and tries to use it. After a little bit, it crashes. Restoring back ups did not change this glitch. It seems the X cart is fubar'd. Even a new game save has this issue... Used his Y cart and experienced the same failures.

I can't find anyone else that has had this issue. Hoping it's just him.
Dude this is the 3DS board, not Sony.

WickedSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...........Exactly... Assumed it would be understood that I was posting about the thread topic. I'll take my question on corrupted pokemon x/y carts else where. I can see where this is going to go...

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I mean, why would anyone talk about their P(ower)S(aves) device in a thread discussing the P(ower)S(aves) device? What madness is this?
ok I'll admit I had a couple of drinks before coming into the topic today. I immediatly saw PS and wondered why this guy is talking about a Sony system in a 3DS topic. I'm gonna go lie down and sober up.

WickedSS After reading your whole post I see your talking about Shiny values. With the Shiny code on Powersaves, it makes shiny values outdatted way to get your shinies. I hope that helps.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...........Exactly... Assumed it would be understood that I was posting about the thread topic. I'll take my question on corrupted pokemon x/y carts else where. I can see where this is going to go...
Chill out, noone was getting hostile at you. It was a simple misunderstanding but your free to go if you want.

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes, it has been on the event's page for a while, i meant that the data/wondercard has not been dumped yet it seems, so, it seems datel made it themselves, meaning that it might not be 100% accurate to the real pokemon you would receive if you went to the event.
Their Inkay wondercard is from 2014.01.05, it looks legit if you ask me, correct moveset, tid/sid, time, ribbon, item, ot, text, met location, ability, the only wrong part is the hidden data (country,region,3ds region), but it may be impossible to set these via wondercard.

Here a hex dump:

But the Charizard X/Y is a selfmade wondercard, it has a wrong date, it's better to breed one and get the stone with item codes.

Isn't it possible that Datel got it from another member on the forum, since they're credited?
It's possible that Datel keeps backups from our saves, that's maybe how they got it.

My Pokemon X also has occasional black screen errors, pretty sure PS damaged the cart permanently.
To you guys with this error, did you try to restore backups / cleaning everything ?
To me it seams that your save file is somehow corrupted but has correct hash values, it's impossible that Powersaves did damage your cart, you wouldn't be able to boot it at all if this was the case.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
It's possible that Datel keeps backups from our saves, that's maybe how they got it.
ooh possible, maybe against their terms and conditions on their part? but sure it would be nice if they ripped all the different wonder cards from all the saves that they processed...

WickedSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The error happens any time the PC is accessed. The message is the same seen when cloning a Pokémon via trade, "please turn off power". Reverting to previous saves and even the first back up made before using any codes doesn't fix it. The cart accepts the back up, but seems to have a permanent corruption regardless. Even starting a new game. After reverting back ups for a while, it stopped reading the cart altogether.

The odd thing is, no codes were used the day this happened. Just backups for use with Keysav. Backing up (w/o restoring) seems like the least likely way to corrupt the game cartridge permanently.

Possibly physical damage sustained with frequent use of the adapter?

WickedSS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok I'll admit I had a couple of drinks before coming into the topic today. I immediatly saw PS and wondered why this guy is talking about a Sony system in a 3DS topic. I'm gonna go lie down and sober up.

WickedSS After reading your whole post I see your talking about Shiny values. With the Shiny code on Powersaves, it makes shiny values outdatted way to get your shinies. I hope that helps.

Nope, still off lol. My buddy was using it to help others with egg values, hatching, etc. I agree it's outdated, but irregardless, that's trivial to the matter lol

Babali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least I know, worst case, all my Pokes are stored safely in the Bank. But nothing like that has happened to me, fortunately, and I hope it doesn't. Sorry for your bad luck :( Did you by any chance use those old Wondercards like Garchomp before it was re-issued? Heard several problems back then,

Reactions: WickedSS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k