Status
Not open for further replies.

Babali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no, I know of this site and have been monitoring the discussion for a little bit and know it no longer works. I was simply asking if this is where it originated and if any other locations on the internet are looking into ways to get these Pokemon.

I asked if we are just at a standstill or hoping they re-release the codes, which is kind of just restating what seems obvious, but just thought I'd get some extra clarity on if anyone is doing anything at all or we're just waiting.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
ok well basically what happened was, imagine the powersaves is like a takeaway, when you phone up they provide a menu with all available products (i.e cheats). so when you select a code all that happens is you provide the number from the menu for your specific order, how the cheat engine mod worked was it modified the menu to change an available items code to that of of an item that have been pulled from the menu, because the server was automated it just carried out these orders even though the item was no longer supposed to be on the menu
datel has since removed the items from the kitchen or at the very least changed the order number to a completely unknown number(ps this could probably be anything so even if you did try you would be there a very long time)

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Hey guys, I was just wondering:

Is this the thread where the CheatEngine exploit was discovered or are there other locations on the internets where this is being looked into?

Do we know of anyone actively looking into this, or are we at a standstill, hoping someone posts or that Datel re-releases the precious codes?

7qxx8.jpg

but..i think its from here

Babali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol that was a bit more of an explanation than was necessary but thank you like I said I have been following the thread and was just asking if anything is being done. I have Powersaves, just got it a couple days too late and was wondering if anything is happening because thread was pretty dead.

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol that was a bit more of an explanation than was necessary but thank you like I said I have been following the thread and was just asking if anything is being done. I have Powersaves, just got it a couple days too late and was wondering if anything is happening because thread was pretty dead.

Sure stuff is happening but nothing new is happening in this thread.

There's not much that can be done with their device; it only reads/writes encrypted saves and allows you to pick codes to use, which are applied server side. There are no "tricks" to get unreleased codes or custom ones.

The thread has essentially devolved into a whiny "why did they remove codes" / slowpoke "how do I cheet engine" / people posting about their bricks / new codes discussion.

Babali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply! I figured as much but was just wondering if someone was trying to look for any more exploits in the Powersaves.exe or something, but obviously their patches must have done a really good job with all that. It looks like there's a possibility they may repost the codes? But I find it unlikely just because of Nintendo's likely stance. But oh well, I find the device is very useful otherwise.

leowalle

I am awesome so is Black Kyurem so yeah.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply! I figured as much but was just wondering if someone was trying to look for any more exploits in the Powersaves.exe or something, but obviously their patches must have done a really good job with all that. It looks like there's a possibility they may repost the codes? But I find it unlikely just because of Nintendo's likely stance. But oh well, I find the device is very useful otherwise.

Like we are saying, if it were Nintendo that forced them to remove the codes, they probably would have made them remove ALL codes. But speaking on the other side, only the unobtainable Pokemon and items were removed, so it MIGHT have been Nintendo that made them do that.

Babali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they would have made them remove all codes, but perhaps. I think they'd be most focused on the exclusive unreleased events especially Diancie.

leowalle

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I doubt they would have made them remove all codes, but perhaps. I think they'd be most focused on the exclusive unreleased events especially Diancie.

Yes, but Shiny Arceus, Shiny Yveltal, Shiny Xerneas, and Shiny Zygarde are NOT normally obtainable (no matter how many SRs you do; the game is coded so they are never encountered shiny.) They would probably come around in a Mystery Gift event for the versions that couldnt get the version exclusive pokemon (such as Xerneas and Y and Yveltal in X, and Zygarde and Arceus for both.) And they might have been shiny.

luney

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zygarde is easily obtainable in the games right now without codes. Powersaves can then be used to make it shiny. Arceus can come from previous versions.

leowalle

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zygarde is easily obtainable in the games right now without codes. Powersaves can then be used to make it shiny. Arceus can come from previous versions.
Yes thats my point. U can get zygarde without powersaves, but not shiny zygarde. The game is coded were it will never be encountered as a shiny pokemon. And a shiny arceus wont pass through pokemon banks check system.

aftokinito

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes thats my point. U can get zygarde without powersaves, but not shiny zygarde. The game is coded were it will never be encountered as a shiny pokemon. And a shiny arceus wont pass through pokemon banks check system.

There's a "make box 1 slot 1 pokemon shiny" code.
Moreover, shinny locked legendaries that are shiny are banned from wifi trade and battle, just like AZ's floette or diancie.

leowalle

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a "make box 1 slot 1 pokemon shiny" code.
Moreover, shinny locked legendaries that are shiny are banned from wifi trade and battle, just like AZ's floette or diancie.
I know that code. I mean you can encounter a shiny xerneas shiny yveltal or shiny zygarde without cheats and/or hacks. And a shiny arceus can be obtained during normal game play in d/p/pt but it wont make it through pokemon banks/transporters check system

Babali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just have the feeling they don't care as much about shiny Zygarde and Xerneas, etc. and more about the unreleased Poke's. BUT hopefully I'm totally wrong and they just temporarily took the codes off.

47keyblader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I honestly wonder if Nintendo actually DID crack down on them or if they just had a moral change, and too scared to admit it. I mean that could really hurt credibility and/or sells.
The problem with Nintendo making them remove the codes is that, they didn't do this for previous DS games Genesect, Melloetta ect. And Nintendo's behavior usually would have had them take ALL the codes out.
The problem with a moral change is that they probably don't give 2 shits on what they mess up a.

Babali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They may have been warned or scared off that the Diancie attention was too much and could end up in a lawsuit or something?

aftokinito

Trophies
XP
Country
They may have been warned or scared off that the Diancie attention was too much and could end up in a lawsuit or something?

Nintendo can't win a lawsuit on this field as there's legal precendence for this same case.
Due to the American court system, having a legal precedence is enough to conclude the case (if it was not ilegal at that time, it still isn't now).

Kaphotics

badc0ded
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo can't win a lawsuit on this field as there's legal precendence for this same case.
Due to the American court system, having a legal precedence is enough to conclude the case (if it was not illegal at that time, it still isn't now).

Nice law degree you've got there.

(of course they would have a case; why else would datel cooperate? datel can consult a lawyer and not cooperate... but they took down the codes. Obviously got scared enough)

Babali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That'd be cool if they just heard some people got bricked games with the codes and removed them to make sure they worked correctly is all... I heard someone called them though and all they'd say was "I can't comment."

47keyblader

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That'd be cool if they just heard some people got bricked games with the codes and removed them to make sure they worked correctly is all... I heard someone called them though and all they'd say was "I can't comment."

Is that not a justifiable way to put it off? If word got out that it was bricking games they would more than likely lose a shit-ton of sells.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: