Hacking Datel asks to send them my game?

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Surely a company with Datel's resources could track down the relavant version of the game from the bar code/ serial #. DOn't think I'd bother and be without my game.

Exactly, Datel are a 25 year old or so company. I know they're not massive or anything but since they're still going after 25 years - clearly they are profitable to some degree.
Any decent company in this situation would give the user they are requesting the cartridge from a couple of new games to say thanks for helping them improve their PROFIT MAKING PRODUCT.

That's how the world works. This isn't saving the 3rd world from AIDS, this isn't a selfless act.
By sending the cartridge you are doing nothing except giving money to Datel - FOR NOTHING IN RETURN EXCEPT A CHEAT!

Good god, I despair at the ignorance.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly, Datel are a 25 year old or so company. I know they're not massive or anything but since they're still going after 25 years - clearly they are profitable to some degree.
Any decent company in this situation would give the user they are requesting the cartridge from a couple of new games to say thanks for helping them improve their PROFIT MAKING PRODUCT.

That's how the world works. This isn't saving the 3rd world from AIDS, this isn't a selfless act.
By sending the cartridge you are doing nothing except giving money to Datel - FOR NOTHING IN RETURN EXCEPT A CHEAT!

Good god, I despair at the ignorance.

or they could simply keep the game unsupported. I do think that he should get some sort of compensation for borrowing his game to them, asking for "a couple new games" though seems a little excessive -- I did like the idea someone proposed earlier for the company to just buy his copy outright though.

dippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sounds a little too selfish to me, he should have sent it to them already for the good of the community! I would imagine he's not the only person having problems with that version of the game.
I bet he's just one of those who likes to talk on open forums and not do anything really practical or useful.

Days of nothing constructive... I'm off... Going swimming sounds like a much better option for today.

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you really want the codes, you would do it right?
Codes aren't worth the price of a game lmao.
Sounds a little too selfish to me, he should have sent it to them already for the good of the community! I would imagine he's not the only person having problems with that version of the game.
I bet he's just one of those who likes to talk on open forums and not do anything really practical or useful.

Days of nothing constructive... I'm off... Going swimming sounds like a much better option for today.

Good point, I think this is good logic showing why you should send them the amount of money required to pay for the game so that the whole community benefits? By the same logic, the fact you haven't sent them the money already, and I quote here:
Sounds a little too selfish to me

dippy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bet my last pound he hasn't even asked them to pay shipping or postage! Just came on here for his 15 mins...

I'm good still before you ask, I still have 5 mins of fame left :toot:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Whole load of fuss about nothing, does he want the codes now or whenever datel dicides to pick up a few copies to get hold of the other revision, I don't think it's worth much to datel, it's a old game and powersaves does support Mario kart.....just not this specific version, so it's not like they have to quickly get it to avoid getting sued or something.

The real question is, "who wants it more? Datel or the user“ I wouldn't expect anything amazing free, it would be below the price of the game and postage costs or they would simply buy it themselves, so you would have a budget of around £4 max :lol: so what's it to be a pack of bic pens or a cornetto

robo989

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you really want the codes, you would do it right?

I'm a normal 29 year old human being.
Codes stopped becoming important to me aged 12 :P

Yes I know none of us are normal, I'm not talking about that, I mean with reference to normal expectations in these situations. It's normal for the company to offer to pay. They are gaining far more than the end user is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello