Hardware Data Transfer from 2DS to 3DS

azure0wind

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hello guys, it's been so long since the last time I opened this forum and follow the 3DS scene so bear with me, please.

Anyway! What I want to ask are:
What would happen if I transfer data from my 2DS (which has NNID and few downloaded apps) to my old 3DS (ambassador, and also have some downloaded apps)?

Does the data transfer allow some kind of merge system between this - allows the 2DS' NNID and downloaded apps to be transferred to the 3DS without losing its ambassador certificate and its downloaded apps?

PS: As English is not my first language, do forgive me if you find anything that you don't understand.

Cheers!

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you linked your NNID to your old 3ds, would it not give the same effect? (You'd have to format your 2ds first obviously)

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, it's been so long since the last time I opened this forum and follow the 3DS scene so bear with me, please.

Anyway! What I want to ask are:
What would happen if I transfer data from my 2DS (which has NNID and few downloaded apps) to my old 3DS (ambassador, and also have some downloaded apps)?

Does the data transfer allow some kind of merge system between this - allows the 2DS' NNID and downloaded apps to be transferred to the 3DS without losing its ambassador certificate and its downloaded apps?

PS: As English is not my first language, do forgive me if you find anything that you don't understand.

Cheers!

It would ONLY merge if the the old 3DS does not have a NNID linked. If it does, it will NOT merge and you WILL lose your ambassador status and apps on the 3DS.

Reactions: azure0wind

azure0wind

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Thanks for replying!
You will lose eerything that is on your old 3DS and it will be replaced with what's on your 2DS.

No merging sorry.

Pip'

It would ONLY merge if the the old 3DS does not have a NNID linked. If it does, it will NOT merge and you WILL lose your ambassador status and apps on the 3DS.

I'm literally confused.

If you linked your NNID to your old 3ds, would it not give the same effect? (You'd have to format your 2ds first obviously)

Not sure, haven't tried that and to be honest I don't want to take risk at all - since you know, I might lose the ambassador status.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To clear up confusion

Source 3DS (with or without NNID) --> Transfer --> Target 3DS (with NNID) = Stuff on Target 3DS is erased and replaced with content from Source 3DS. no combining (merging) is done.
Source 3DS (with or without NNID) --> Transfer --> Target 3DS (without NNID) = Stuff is combined (merged).

I have merged stuff before this way to consolidate my purchases I made between 2 consoles into 1 console.
I only have a NNID linked on my main (source) console so I can continue to merge stuff with my other 3DS.

Reactions: azure0wind

azure0wind

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
To clear up confusion

Source 3DS (with or without NNID) --> Transfer --> Target 3DS (with NNID) = Stuff on Target 3DS is erased and replaced with content from Source 3DS. no combining (merging) is done.
Source 3DS (with or without NNID) --> Transfer --> Target 3DS (without NNID) = Stuff is combined (merged).

I have merged stuff before this way to consolidate my purchases I made between 2 consoles into 1 console.
I only have a NNID linked on my main (source) console so I can continue to merge stuff with my other 3DS.

Thanks for the clarification, and thanks! It works.

The only downsides are that you need to redownload all the apps from eShop, and removed the Swapnote data.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-