data management unnecessary data freeze

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by NicholasCullihal, Nov 24, 2016.

1. NicholasCullihal
    OP

NicholasCullihal GBAtemp Regular

Jul 28, 2012
    Hey guys my wii u is stuck on the data management deleting unnecessary data screen and has been for about 2 hours. Is there any way to fix this using iOSu or anything other than a system format?
    Help is appreciated -nick

2. Risingdawn

Risingdawn GBAtemp Pickle

May 22, 2010
    United Kingdom
    Try installing the game that failed again.
    Try installing a small game then try data management again.

3. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Download any demo game from the eshop then go to data management and it will delete the unnecessary data.

4. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    The same happened to me a while back, try installing what you did before, that failed, something must of failed on install. You may have tried to install dlc to HDD that failed due to wrong ticket etc.. download it again correctly and install via config tool, mine happened on Rednand trying to install Call of Duty Ghosts & Pikmin 3 DLC.. at the same time and they failed. I realized this issue when I clicked on delete and it was still deleting and going round the next morning, 7hrs. later I installed the same DLC's again correctly and it went away!

Last edited by Reecey, Nov 24, 2016
  5. icw35

icw35 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 22, 2010
    I just pulled the plug, rebooted, tried again. But seems pretty normal. Shouldnt be anything to worry about.

Last edited by icw35, Nov 24, 2016
  6. Phoxiro

Phoxiro Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 27, 2016
    United States
    I know it's offtopic but where did you find Call of Duty Ghosts?

And I'm with the same problem, the thing is, the game that failed on the installation was Paper Mario, and now my HDD (160GB) is already full... The small game method will still work this way?