Darksiders 2 on the Wii U Interview

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

"You can tell by the way the software's organized, the way the APIs are written, very shortly it'll become an easy platform to develop for," David Adams of Vigi told Game Informer. "From a programmer point of view, it's definitely a lot easier than, say, the PS3 was. It's probably on par with 360 as far as ease of API, simplicity of how you interact with the hardware," Adams continued.
:arrow:Source

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

"You can tell by the way the software's organized, the way the APIs are written, very shortly it'll become an easy platform to develop for," David Adams of Vigi told Game Informer. "From a programmer point of view, it's definitely a lot easier than, say, the PS3 was. It's probably on par with 360 as far as ease of API, simplicity of how you interact with the hardware," Adams continued.
:arrow:Source

Ease of development is always good.

also, INB4 people shout out "on par with 360" while ignoring the words just after that.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
I thought this was pretty cool when I watched it back in July/August. It only just got put up on youtube though.

These devs seem very pleased with the WiiU.
most impressed with the controller, not a bad word heard, this is promising.
I will likely pick up a WiiU launch day to replace my broken wii so I can play my games again
(got Zelda, played for 53 hours, Wii graphics card exploded, wii wont turn on now... lasted since launch though)

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0:01 - 0.10 = BULLSHIT!

I love (hate) it when devs act like they're all "lovey dovey" with Nintendo when they know damn well they could give a shit about Nintendo or its gamers. "Fuck you! where the fuck were your games for the past five years? Nobody said you couldn't have created a side game for Darksiders on Wii. Look at Dead Space, Resident Evil and Overlord." I love Derksiders but don't think for one minute that because I'm a Nintendo gamer, I'm stupid. That I don't know that there is an industry bias against Nintendo. Don't lie to my fuckin face. Nice interview to watch but the first ten seconds just made me go "really?"

Taellon

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Wii's limited power was the excuse to not bring a lot of current gen games to it. The truth is that they're just lazy. There have been a quite a few games that certain developers have made Wii versions for, sometimes even making the Wii version a completely different game.

The WiiU will be different though. The currently expected specs(which are definitely not official and mostly based on speculation) make the WiiU out to be similar in power to a medium-level gaming PC. With Microsoft and Sony's next consoles, unless they want to break the bank, will either be around the same level as WiiU or only slightly more powerful than it. Most consumers don't want to buy a $600 console, and with recent rumors suggesting a late 2012 or 2013 release for MS and Sony's systems it won't be enough time to get significantly more power parts at an acceptable cost than what WiiU will likely be using.

I keep hearing people compare the WiiU to the 360/PS3, not only in power, but also in price. People seem to think Nintendo selling the WiiU at a $400 price tag is unreasonable considering the PS3/360 prices. They don't understand that the WiiU is a next gen console, not a current gen one. The Wii is Nintendo's current gen console and it's still much cheaper than 360/PS3.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I love (hate) it when devs act like they're all "lovey dovey" with Nintendo when they know damn well they could give a shit about Nintendo or its gamers. "Fuck you! where the fuck were your games for the past five years? Nobody said you couldn't have created a side game for Darksiders on Wii. Look at Dead Space, Resident Evil and Overlord." I love Derksiders but don't think for one minute that because I'm a Nintendo gamer, I'm stupid. That I don't know that there is an industry bias against Nintendo. Don't lie to my fuckin face. Nice interview to watch but the first ten seconds just made me go "really?"
I thought that,but I wanted to be optimistic about it. It could have very well be the power of the wii or laziness as the guy pointed out.

Some are expecting the ps4 to produce 4k visuals.

Here Reggie indirect input.
"The consumer buying Wii hardware today is going to be a different consumer than the one who will be buying Wii U in the future," he said.

"This is the first holiday that the Wii is available at $149.99 or below, so it's an expanded demographic we're reaching. These are consumers who have heard about Wii for the past couple years, but at $199 or $249 it was economically out of their reach.

"We haven't announced pricing for Wii U, but you can definitely expect that pricing is going to be different and that the games are going to be different," Fils-Aime added.

"We do believe that Wii and Wii U will coexist for some time. As we drive the install base of Wii, we're really setting people up to take their gaming library and be able to transfer it over to Wii U."
Link

Sounds like a $300-400 price point.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The WiiU will be different though. The currently expected specs(which are definitely not official and mostly based on speculation) make the WiiU out to be similar in power to a medium-level gaming PC. With Microsoft and Sony's next consoles, unless they want to break the bank, will either be around the same level as WiiU or only slightly more powerful than it. Most consumers don't want to buy a $600 console, and with recent rumors suggesting a late 2012 or 2013 release for MS and Sony's systems it won't be enough time to get significantly more power parts at an acceptable cost than what WiiU will likely be using.

There is plenty of theory and rumors that suggest that next generation consoles that aren't the Wii U (since it's power was basically already demoed) will be significantly more powerful than this generations. Basically I'll say, and this applies to myself, unless you're deeply involved in the field of game console development or have an intimate knowledge of it, don't make bullshit assumptions about how powerful or not powerful the next generation of consoles will be in relation to this generation.

The Xbox 360 launched at between $300-$400. The PS3 launched for more because it had parts that jacked up the price and Sony wasn't really game on the whole "selling on a loss" thing at this point. There's no reason to say that next generation, our consoles will be the "$600 mark" that we so dread. The $600 price point on the PS3 showed a major flaw for sales. Sony went from the huge frontrunner last gen, outselling competition massively, to coming in last and still being there. They're only now getting neck-to-neck with Microsoft.

So all these myths of "consoles won't be significantly more powerful than this gen" and "they'll be overpriced if they are" are basically nothing but myths, and unreliable ones at that.

As for Darksiders on the Wii U, I played a fair bit of Darksiders 1 and while it was fun, it's certainly nothing I'd buy a sequel for. I literally bought it for $3.50 and I felt that was an appropriate price.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

To be entirely fair, many 3rd party developers did make games for the Wii.

The problem? For the most part, nobody bought them (Dead Space: Extraction, Madworld, House of the Dead:Overkill, etc.). People didn't ignore the Wii out of some irrational hatred; it just didn't make good economic sense to develop more for the system.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
the wii got hacked.
It got hacked early.
it was only a few months later and you could hack it using just any old sd card.
people who wanted to play major 3rd party games, hacked their wii and played for free for fear of them being crap and wasting money, due to all the crap games made by other 3rd party companies. some games were great and a lot were bad.
the whole thing was a mess the moment it got hacked.

the end.

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
i think the wii has a great library, its just develoupers don't go to the extent to get there games out there like they do for 360/ps3, & then there's all of the games that were ps3/460/pc exclusive. :/
for instance call of duty wii, ps3/360 gamer dont know the wii or ds version exist because no advertising.
conduit got some advertising but they stopped out of the blue & conduit 2 got 0 advertising.

then they fail to release those games with features that we want, for instance cod wii games have wifi which is great but what about us that want local split screen?
always wondered why pay & play was never used & wasn't used as an dlc replacement. it was for megaman 9/10 & guitar hero games.
if other games used it to buy new maps liek the call of duty wii games & conduit, would be beast. luckly the wii u will have dlc tho & 3ds has it.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sadly the major difference for many devs is that if you look at a game on the Wii and compare it with the PS3/360 counterpart, it'll pretty much always look worse. Reality is that you can make a game on the Wii and have it work on the PS3/360, but a PS3/360 game may not work on the Wii. That's a problem IMHO that has made some devs look away from the Wii (ie. especially graphics look worse and a lot of people judge games by that). Even more if people own more than one console..

-Qtis

T3GZdev

head of T3GZdev
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Sadly the major difference for many devs is that if you look at a game on the Wii and compare it with the PS3/360 counterpart, it'll pretty much always look worse. Reality is that you can make a game on the Wii and have it work on the PS3/360, but a PS3/360 game may not work on the Wii. That's a problem IMHO that has made some devs look away from the Wii (ie. especially graphics look worse and a lot of people judge games by that). Even more if people own more than one console..

-Qtis

true sometimes, but most crossplatform games(wii, ps3, 360) like cod the only difference is graphics is the loss of hd.
so everything else models & some textures & stuff are the same, but lower resolution screen output & less shadow & fog.
except the cod wii games also lack splitscreen. :(

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
but at least they COD wii games are fun and the online is the best the wii has. I love modern warfare still, it has its downside (graphics) but at least it was a good port over. All of the COD games were done especially well on Wii.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
So all these myths of "consoles won't be significantly more powerful than this gen" and "they'll be overpriced if they are" are basically nothing but myths, and unreliable ones at that.
Well so are the myths of "x console will be 10 times more powerful than this gen"
It works both ways, so you can't deny it.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well so are the myths of "x console will be 10 times more powerful than this gen"
I didn't even see that flaw in logic, tho I was scanning.
Besides 10 times more power could just be over exaggeration to say it is going to be where or little over the wii u is.
I'm pretty sure (as in I think) that statement came from one source and spread while the other statements came from multiple people.

All the comments seem relative anyway...

Well, this is about darksiders 2 on the wii u. Anyway got any wii u controller ideas for this game? :lol:

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'll never pay more than 250~300 euro for a game console, period.
Unless the games get a pricedrop.
I honestly doubt that the games are the place where the price drop comes into place, thus the console will be cheaper. It's bound to happen and nothing can be done about it :)

-qtis

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Except one claim is made by someone who has been involved in the gaming industry since nearly it's inception. The other one is by people who have no clue what they're talking about.

While the claim may not be the most reliable, I sure as hell would believe it more than a bunch of forum goers saying "NAW MAN CONSOLES WILL BARELY BE MORE POWERFUL NEXT GEN" who don't even bother citing facts or sources.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: As long as you're not going hungry, it's nice to share things with your friends +1