Hacking DARKCORP v1.0 Release!

calthephenom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing a clean IOS37 will overwrite the corp'd IOS37, meaning that any burned game that needs IOS37 will not work.

How did you get a burned game working after doing this?
Were you using a modchip?
Or did you test this with a retail copy of RB2?

/quote
i tested it with a retail copy,
people could always install the patched IOS37 WAD (pm me for link)

OkayasuKairi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just finished installing Darkcorp v1.0 and i tried playing NSMW and after a few minutes it said an error occurred and asked me to eject the disk. The only things i have installed (also sorry this is my first time doing any of this sort of thing) is Darkcorp v 1.0, hb channel(used hackmii installer) so basically whatever those thigns changed in my wii is what specs exactly my wii is at the moment. Anyone can help? also will i have the same problem with SMG2??

gameking66

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OkayasuKairi said:
I just finished installing Darkcorp v1.0 and i tried playing NSMW and after a few minutes it said an error occurred and asked me to eject the disk. The only things i have installed (also sorry this is my first time doing any of this sort of thing) is Darkcorp v 1.0, hb channel(used hackmii installer) so basically whatever those thigns changed in my wii is what specs exactly my wii is at the moment. Anyone can help? also will i have the same problem with SMG2??
Are you running on

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
OkayasuKairi said:
Assuming you mean New Super Mario Brothers it has BCA Protection meaning it requires patching whatever your firmware. SMG2 does not have BCA Protection

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
maazmania said:
So if I don't uninstall cioscorp v3.4 it won't work?
Well, it will still work, but hackmii installer will not be compatible (meaning hackmii will give you a "No Vulnerable IOS Found" error if you try to run it).
I highly suggest you uninstall beforehand.

maazmania said:
By the way do I need wifi to install darkcorp?
Nope.

Just do what Riley said and use the DARKCORP v1.0 Full Installer.

calthephenom said:
Installing a clean IOS37 will overwrite the corp'd IOS37, meaning that any burned game that needs IOS37 will not work.

How did you get a burned game working after doing this?
Were you using a modchip?
Or did you test this with a retail copy of RB2?

/quote
i tested it with a retail copy,
people could always install the patched IOS37 WAD (pm me for link)
That makes sense.
It's only working becuase you're using a retail copy.
If you try to use a burned copy of RB2 with a clean IOS37, it will not work, since RB2 itself uses IOS37, and the DARKCORP mod is what is responsible for getting the regular IOS to play burned discs in the first place.

As for the cIOS37 from cIOSCORP v2, I've been thinking about including it for quite a long time now, but the reason it's not incuded is because the CORP v2 IOS37 only works on really old Wiis. if a Wii is an "LU64" Wii or newer, the cIOSCORP v2 IOS37 will not work on it at all...

QUOTE(OkayasuKairi @ Jun 8 2010, 10:50 AM)
NSMBW has Anti-Piracy code in it, so you'll have to patch it.

However, you don't need to do the full main.dol patch anymore. DARKCORP v1.0+ can support the BCA data at offset 0x100 in the iso. (I think I may have forgotten to put that in the changelog...
unsure.gif
)

But the actual BCA isn't even needed. There's a "generic-looking" BCA that is all zeros except for 1 byte that you can use.

Backup your NSMBW iso, then open it up in a hex editor (such as hex Workshop).
bcax.png

See the byte that is highlighted in this image? Just change that byte from 00 to 01 in your iso, then save it and burn the iso you just modified.

Then it should run fine for you.

cubas321

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 via Dics Channel, but when I run the game appears message "An error has ocurred etc ..." do not know where he could be the problem? Wii 4.2E, DARKCORP v1.0 lite...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
QUOTE said:
As for the cIOS37 from cIOSCORP v2, I've been thinking about including it for quite a long time now, but the reason it's not incuded is because the CORP v2 IOS37 only works on really old Wiis. if a Wii is an "LU64" Wii or newer, the cIOSCORP v2 IOS37 will not work on it at all...
any chance of sharing a DL link for that one specific file? (obviously when I say share, I mean share it the same way you share the full installer)

Thx!

maazmania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would really rather not uninstall v3.4, sorry if this is a bit noobish but what is hackmii? Also can u plz pm me for a link for darkcorp full, thanks

dfh101

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, I have succesfully installed darkcorp full on a friends wii, and tested with backup discs. I then put their wiifit original game back in it and it wants to do a system update, the wii is a uk pal on 4.2e, The wii has been softmodded for months and never asked to update.

Any ideas why it wants to install an update and whats the consequences.

Thanks

dfh101

Riley

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dfh101 said:
Hi, I have succesfully installed darkcorp full on a friends wii, and tested with backup discs. I then put their wiifit original game back in it and it wants to do a system update, the wii is a uk pal on 4.2e, The wii has been softmodded for months and never asked to update.

Thanks

dfh101

Install Priiloader and set the settings to autoboot system menu and return to system menu. Then get the hacks.ini file and put it on the root of your sd card. Enable block disc updates.

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
cubas321 said:
I would like to play Super Mario Galaxy 2 via Dics Channel, but when I run the game appears message "An error has ocurred etc ..." do not know where he could be the problem? Wii 4.2E, DARKCORP v1.0 lite...
The Lite version isn't compatible with SMG2 (or ay newer Music games like GH5 or newer), since IOS56 is used for those games, and it isn't in the Lite version.

Install the Full version and you will be able to play them.

XFlak said:
QUOTE said:
any chance of sharing a DL link for that one specific file? (obviously when I say share, I mean share it the same way you share the full installer)

Thx!
u gotz pm
smile.gif

maazmania said:
I would really rather not uninstall v3.4, sorry if this is a bit noobish but what is hackmii? Also can u plz pm me for a link for darkcorp full, thanks
You really should uninstall it.
DARKCORP is like "cIOSCORP v4.0", so DARKCORP installation will only overwrite it anyway, but versions 3.5 and older have some remnants, that is, some IOS that are modified in these versions but not in newer versions, meaning newer versions won't clean these up without uninstalling first.

And hackmii installer?
http://www.bootmii.org/download/

Hackmii installer is what you most likely used to install the Homebrew Channel in the first place.

And it's also what use use to install bootmii.
...you have installed bootmii, right?
...everybody should install bootmii...

QUOTE(dfh101 @ Jun 10 2010, 10:57 AM)

Thanks

dfh101
Riley beat me to it again
laugh.gif

Just do what Riley said, and install priiloader with a hacks.ini for 4.2E (the "ready-made" one supports 4.1 and 4.2 of all regions), and enable the "Block Disc Updates" hack in priiloader's "System Menu Hacks" section.

...and enable any other hacks you want too
smile.gif

That way you can run the game and skip the update.

mayu29

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Does Darkcorp force the games to run under the slected Wii video mode? I'm asking that because I wasn't able to run Trauma Team on my PAL Wii with Darkcorp due to this problem. I had to use NeoGamma because Darkorp forced every game to run on PAL 50.

dfh101

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks riley and damysteryman, I downloaded and installed/setup priiloader and its not asking for disc updates anymore,

However I have rebooted the wii over 30 times and tested loads of games and I just got a system files are corrupt message, rebooted and it came back, switching off fully and it goes away, but comes back again 1 in 3 times when returning to the main menu from playing a game(original, copy or wiiflow), whenever its going to do it the drive clicks alot more than normal at the reboot.

I have tried with disc in disc out, sd card in and sd card out, I tried turning off the priiloader click A button and block updates but it was still the same, I uninstalled darkcorp and it was still the same so reinstalled it and its still the same, the only other thing i installed apart from darkcorp and priiloader was a patched ios70 as recomended by the page I got the priiloader and instructions from.

At this stage its not bricked and is failing one in 3 tries, would a live nintendo system update sort it, I have the nand backup that i made 6 months ago when it was flashed if restoring this would be the best way.

Anyone any idea's

Thanks

dfh101

silleeel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way of finding which base i have installed and which cios on my wii, i changed about the stuff i had installed from the norm to get Monster Hunter Tri working and now have completely forgot which cios and which base is installed and dont know what setup to chose to install darkcorp! :S

maazmania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have bootmii but I do have preloader which has saved me many times before so I think I can manage, ok so how would I uninstall cioscorp v3.4? Plz explain really clearly as I am a tad noobish

maazmania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just found out that I'm getting super mario galaxy 2 as a present I have one important question, when I put it into play in the disk channel will it work as I'm on v3.2 with cioscorp v3.4 and a priloader hack that allows me to not get asked for system updates.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: