Hacking Darkcorp Help Please!

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

I was hoping if there was much which could be advised to me about my current situation, any help is appreciated greatly!

Trying to run a new game (old game but bought recently) through the disc channel & just comes up with error 002

I had a few issues a while ago when trying to install Darkcopr over Cioscorp 3.6
(Appaerently should've uninstalled first - my fault)

So I'd like some advise of what to do at this point

I'll have to make a NANd backup regardless, incase I do anything else

My initial thought at this point (after a backup of the curent NAND) is to unistall Dark/Cioscorp - but I don't know which uninstaller to use as 4.0 had failed when I tried that innitially.
Will 4.0's uninstaller work if it's still on 3.6 (it may just be half that or something)?

And then maybe install newest DArkcorp (assuming uninstall is fine)

Presumably at this point all should be fine, yes?

Other Notes:
- Will I keep GC Backup support? And is that included in a new version of DArkscopr incase current version is lost by the new install?
- Should my retail games work fine? They have in past, no differeentiation between reatil & backups..
- Could it be a better option to have uninstalled Darkcorp & maybe go back to using Neogamma or something similar?
(I used Neogamma a year or two ago, haven't updated it since - so would need some help with that please!)
- Neogamma won't interefere with un/insatalling of any Darkcorp version, no? (didn't for 3.6 the first time anyway..)

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My advice would be: Rehack your Wii using Modmii.
Use neogamma for your GC and Wii discs backups.
Start using a Hdd. This is the preffered method of loading Wii games.
I recommend CFG loader for that. ( also downloadable via Modmii )
It has the higest compatibility, for problem games you can set up Uneek. ( nand emulation ).

NEVER EVER USE DARCORP AGAIN. There is NO need for it, and will mostly lead to the mentioned problems.

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I had noticed no new d'corp updates in a while - i thought it'd fallen out if popularity

When you say to rehack, will that effect current setup?
Am I clearing out all I've got on it at the moment?

I may just use neogamma then in future
My current HDD, wouldn't get picked up by Wii - any particularly favoured brand of HDD for Wii?

Although, I'm fine with disc loading, I'd definitely consider HDD loading if I can get a decent/cheap one to work

Will there be less/none disc noise by HDD loading BTW?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Things have changed. Changes are your dirve will be compatible now.
Trust me, there a re ONLY advantages in HDD loading. And I'm not only referring to loading speed and keeping your wii lens alive.

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've sent a message o Xflak about MOdmii. Waiting for a reply now.

I'll have a look at the USB compatibilties now.
I'm considering getting a new HDD anyway.
I saw a 500gb on google shopping for about £40 - no need for AC adapter either

It may fit the bill perfectly!

(My current not-so-portable external 500gb HDD require an AC adapter, so it'd be impractical to use with the Wii anyway)

THanks for the help
I'll keep posting about the proceedings incase I'm gonna' make a mistake or you've anythin which may help me

Thanks!

I'm about to backup the Wii's NAND now - incase anything happens later

Notyalc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good price, but not sure I can order from bestbuy - I live in the UK

(though they've begun opening a few shops/stores over here & own a similar shop chain here)

I'll see if they can send it - it equates really cheap too = £30 (£20 cheaper than my last one which needs a power supply)

I always liked BestBuy in the US, I'd be pretty pleased if they came here...

Anyway, d/c'orp gone now all is well on that side of things!

Only issues now is with neogamma (newest one that's got a sticky on this section)

I can't get my GC backups to run, not sure why (some're multi-iso BTW)
is there some issues with regions?
I'm on a PAL TV, but I think I've tried to make sure all's sorted for any non-pal to play..

It picks up the disc (even let's choose iso on multi-iso), but just tries it, & the Wii just reboots..

Anyone any ideas to help me on this?

A great deal of thanks for all this so far BTW!
I mean it - thank you! I couldn't do it myself!
smile.gif

So, any ideas for Neogamma for this would be appreciated!

Thank You!

EDIT:

Also;

The HDD loading; how could I rip my backups & retail games for it?

If I can that is.

Also, how long does it usually take to rip?
(I've heard I can rip by the Wii itself, but can I use my laptop too?)

I wouldn't mind being able to have it all neat on a HDD is all, save having discs about.

Will it work for GC iso's too?
Or does that need a separate loader of some kind? (I'm alright with my multi-iso's for most of the time, but if I can do it, why not?)

I'm definitely interested in running from HDD, even if I'm unlikely to get many more Wii games in future, it'd be nice & tidy (& no disc noise is quite nice to have)

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
You should post your problem in the Neo Gamma Thread! The dev behind NeoGamma, WiiPower will be sure to help!

P.S Make sure you download the recommended cMios!

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try downloading the FULL version of DarkCorp 1.1. PM me if you need help finding it. Last week I had trouble reinstalling Darkcorp 1.1 through the lite version but using the full version fixed my disc loading issues. Once you get that up and running, MAKE A NAND BACKUP! Trust me it will save your hiney in the future!
yaywii.gif

damysteryman

I am too busy IRL these days...
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Error 002 via Disc Channel should not happen with DARKCORP.

Do you use Priiloader or StartPatch?
If so, make sure the "Force discs to use IOS249" hack is set to DISABLED.

Jehuty25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thought I'd post here since I'm also having a darkcorp problem. Whenever I start a backup gamecube game from the disc channel, it resets the wii. Wii games work fine though. I have wiigator's newest cmios and priiloader 0.6 installed.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jehuty25 said:
Thought I'd post here since I'm also having a darkcorp problem. Whenever I start a backup gamecube game from the disc channel, it resets the wii. Wii games work fine though. I have wiigator's newest cmios and priiloader 0.6 installed.

Grab the two mIOS .wads from the full version of Darkcorp and install the .wad file of your choice using a .wad manager.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WalkerOfTheDay said:
LightyKD said:
...Once you get that up and running, MAKE A NAND BACKUP! Trust me it will save your hiney in the future!
yaywii.gif

I hope you mean before he gets it up and running ??
smile.gif

Actually before and after. 1) make a NAND backup as a save your but device in case the corp install screws up and 2) make a NAND backup after sucessful corp install to save your progress.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5