CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
No and No...

The 'Danny Phantom' icon is used to bypass nintnedo's firmware 'fix' that blocks flashcards (on DSi's).
Since DSLite/Phat don't have upgradable firmware - the acekard 'Danny Phantom Fix' isn't need - & so the normal ak icon is shown on those

UNLESS Acekard brings out a version of the 1.4 firmware fix that allows you to 'transplant' a game icon of your choice into the fix - there's no way of changing 'Danny Phantom'

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Danny Phantom is there to make the DSi think it's an actual game.
2. Different games use slightly different algorithms (i don't think i used the right term) for each game. Because of this, the AK 1.4 updater would need to be modified for each and every game.

rommy667

Trophies
XP
Country
Danny Phantom rocks
smile.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My cousin keeps a Danny Phantom Urban Jungle ROM on his Acekard to keep it "authentic". I'm not sure if he actually played it though.

obito

I can have a title?! :O
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
on the dsi menu, press R so you can enter quick camera mode, then the acekard should appear as "acekard 2i"

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically it'd be possible to change the game icon to that of another existing game.

http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/

This shows why an actual game icon is needed, and what data is involved. You could take the update file and transplant a different game's data/icon into it. Other flash carts and such use different icons, for example a fishing game, game and watch collection (which is the example in that guide), and roller coaster tycoon.

The problem is if something doesn't work you'll probably have a bricked acekard on your hands, so it'd make home development of a changer quite risky, and hard, since you'd need multiple cards in order to learn from your mistakes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr