• Replies 222
  • Likes 9

BlazeMasterBM

I Eat Garlics
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we're now apparently talking about anime, I can post mine~!

While Unova is my favourite region when it comes to the games, the same isn't true for the anime. The show just lost all of its charm after Sinnoh, with Brock finally permanently leaving (he seemed to do this after Johto, but he reappeared in Hoenn after a few episodes and remained throughout it and Sinnoh) and the episode titles losing their punny charm.

Not to mention that Dawn was far cuter than Iris ever could be (and had a better personality too), and Cilan...meh. Oh, and Ash once again left all his older Pokémon with Oak, and Pikachu loses to a freaking Snivy, of all things (sure, Pikachu was affected by Zekrom, but still. This is the same rodent who defeated Regice during the Battle Frontier arc, not to mention finished off a Darkrai - and the Snivy was a brand-new starter, having zero experience. HOW).
you got to admit though, Oshawott is the best character in the entire series.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Also, going back to my recent post, I actually liked Brock. Sure, he had that "flirting with women, but being dragged away by someone" gag (Misty, Max, Croagunk), but he was a mainstay from Kanto and was the 'wise older character' that provided helpful info to the rest of the group.
He did get replaced by Tracey for the Orange Islands arc, due to the higher-ups thinking people got offended by him, but as soon as they realised Tracey was the more unlikeable of the two Brock was brought back for Johto and remained for two more regions afterwards.

Tracey was bland and forgettable, and honestly...Cilan was too. Clemont had a comedic gag, similar to Brock, but he didn't have the 'wise older character' trope ticked nor was he a mainstay from the anime's beginnings, and his gag just wasn't as funny IMO.
As for the Alola group, I don't even know who was part of it, apart from Lillie; long since lost interest in the anime by that point...

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
they hated jesus for telling the truth
Hear me out
Megumin
upload_2021-8-20_2-45-46.gif

Reactions: Mama Looigi

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's my opinion that it's not necessary (or good) to be disparaging of other races simply because you think it will sound funny. Dave Chappelle makes jokes about race all the time, but I don't find the jokes to be disparaging -- they seem obviously meant to shine a light on how similar we all are. But when folks say shit in a sideways manner that are merely a camouflaged racism, fuck you!

Just my opinion.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night