Damn Vulnerable Linux

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Cermage, Jul 22, 2010.

1. Cermage
    OP

Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 2, 2007
    http://www.damnvulnerablelinux.org/

i found this quite funny. also a great learning tool IMO.

2. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Well this is sure to make a nice contrast to SELinux.

I will have to check this out though, I have spent far too long playing with consoles and electronics and I need to get back into this PC thing.

3. BoxShot

BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

Dec 18, 2008
    United States
    Middle of the ocean.
    [​IMG] I found it quite funny for making something just to be cracked/hacked/exploited/... whatever the right term is.
    Does sound like a great learning tool actually.

4. Skyline969

Skyline969 MENUdo Afficionado

Nov 18, 2008
    Canada
    Saskatchewan
    This would be a great learning tool... I'll mention it to my instructors at the college I go to.

I couldn't believe it though, my one professor, when asked what he did on the weekend, casually replied that he hacked the Linux kernel (the latest one... for Ubuntu I think) via something to do with an exploit when division is performed. I think. I kind of don't remember because I was only awake due to the 2 Red Bulls I had drank earlier (it was midterm exam season). Still, for someone to casually hack the Linux kernel in his spare time is pretty cool.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice