Damaged Nintendo DS?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by mattymattness, Dec 11, 2008.

Dec 11, 2008

Damaged Nintendo DS? by mattymattness at 3:51 PM (1,028 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. mattymattness
    OP

Newcomer mattymattness Member

United States
    I'm very new to this scene. I recently ordered a DSTT to play around with homebrew on my DS. I read somewhere that there is a chance that these cards can brick your DS making it unusable. Is this true? I just bought my DS and I wasn't planning on bricking it anytime soon.

2. indask8

Member indask8 New Member Forever

France
    Yes, it's true, but this is very very rare by now (except if you buy crappy clone/fake cards).

But it's not only the fault of the flashcards, this can (and have) happen to some people playing only original cards...

As long as your DS is under warranty, if this happen this will be fixed for free by nintendo...

And if you really don't want this to happen avoid the DSTT (as they are many fake of this card), prefer to get a CycloDS/EDGE/ACEKARD.

3. tbgtbg

Member tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

United States
    I don't think bricked DS is the usual result of a bad card. Usually either the card just won't work or the sd card gets corrupted. I'm not saying it's never happened, but if it does it's so uncommon you might as well worry about being hit by lightning while being run over crossing the street instead.

4. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It is possible to brick a DS with a bad cartridge, but highly improbable. It will generally only happen if the contacts are badly misaligned and cause a short. So, yes possible but not very likely (and as boudincaca mentioned, can happen even with an real game cartridge, not just a flash cart).

-Bri