Daemon Tools Pro

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by xist, Jun 17, 2010.

Jun 17, 2010

Daemon Tools Pro by xist at 9:02 PM (1,229 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. xist
    OP

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Got to hustle if you want it though....

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

However....am i right in thinking that this can wreak havoc on your PC and mess up things like write speed and Antivirus? Is it worth it over the free Virtual CloneDrive from Slysoft?

2. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    No, it's not.

Daemon Tools once was the mounting solution of choice, many years ago. Now it's just a bloated, buggy, ad-ware infested abomination. I absolutely would not let it touch any of my machines in its current state.

3. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    You could get the lite version and be adware free that way. Up until recently I was a user of Daemon Tools. There's nothing much wrong with the lite version if you opt out of installing any additional software and just use it for mounting isos, nothing else. I've since moved on to something better, with a few more features.

I did prefer daemon tools back before they started charging for ~other features~.

4. mrSmiles

Member mrSmiles mrSmiles {^_^}

Canada
    care to mention the name of the other software you started to use instead of daemon tools?

5. Urza

Member Urza hi

United States
    There are a ton. The aforementioned Virtual CloneDrive is a fantastic mounting tool if that's all you do. PowerISO offers more in the way of ISO creation and manipulation.

Really the only two you'll ever need.

6. Sephi

Member Sephi fool

United States
    I thought DTLite did away with the adware a while ago, and when it did install the adware I just killed it and everything was fine.

7. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    I've had problems with Daemon Tools.

Such as with installing certain things from DVDs. Because Daemon was installed all that showed on the disc was the autorun ini file. When I uninstalled Daemon it then worked perfectly :\

8. xist
    OP

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Thanks to the general fear factor of Daemon Tools i think i'll skip this. I've just got a new PC and rather than trash it for a free piece of software with a shady rep, i think i'll do without.

Thanks Urza