Kami Kurai
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Today it has been a year since my dad died. We don't know the exact time he passed away since he was found five days later by my aunt. Because of his work he was away a lot and only my aunt knew that he took the week of. He was supposed to come there that evening and when he didn't show up she went to his home and found him.
Today also marks the three year anniversary of my uncle (my dad's older brother).

My mom and I visited the memorial book at the crematory today. In it they show they current day and the names of the people that died and usually contain a message that the family wanted it to contain.

For me the past year seems to have flew by. There were both sad and fun times. There were also times that were both, like my graduation last year.

I was supposed to have a test week this week, but thanks to my coordinator I can take them later.

I think it's funny how these kind of things show who your real friends are. It seems those whom I didn't expect it from, cared to most today (from my RL friends).

I would also like to thank shlong, kwartel, VGP for trying to cheer me up today. So thanks a lot guys! :3 *hugs*

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
sad.gif

Both your Dad & your Uncle, that's more sucky than I thought
frown.gif

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
That's really hard for you that you found him a couple of days later.. I didn't know the whole story. It makes me sad myself. I'm glad though that we could cheer you up.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
shlong said:
sad.gif

Both your Dad & your Uncle, that's more sucky than I thought
frown.gif

It is. They were the closest from all their siblings and did a lot of stuff together, so at the same time it makes me feel a bit better.

QUOTE(kwartel @ Nov 9 2010, 08:41 PM) That's really hard for you that you found him a couple of days later.. I didn't know the whole story. It makes me sad myself. I'm glad though that we could cheer you up.
Yeah, the biggest scare for me and my mom was that I had wanted to visit him in between his death and when he was found. He worked in another city from wednesday till friday, and I wanted to visit him Tuesday. But because of my long school days I couldn't, it was the only time that I was glad that I have school till 4-5...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I've never experienced a death in my family so I don't know what to say.

I hope today is about remembering the good times rather than the bad times.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
prowler_ said:
I've never experienced a death in my family so I don't know what to say.

I hope today is about remembering the good times rather than the bad times.
I'm actually doing both. But there were more fun times than bad times, so that's a good thing!

-----

And my cousin just called to see how I was doing, another way to see which family members really care.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I seriously hope you can somehow find the support you need to get yourself through this week.
I know how it is to lose relatives, and I hope your friends and family will give you as much support as I got from my friends and family in those times.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Demonbart said:
I seriously hope you can somehow find the support you need to get yourself through this week.
I know how it is to lose relatives, and I hope your friends and family will give you as much support as I got from my friends and family in those times.
The most support I'm getting is coming from unexpected places. Some people that I don't know that well yet have been asking more than my ex-best friend, she let me down last year too, and that really hurt...

Then there are the tempers I mentioned before. They've been trying to act pretty normal, while still being considerate and I liked that a lot, it makes the day a bit more normal. :3

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I am sorry but I do not understand what is going on much.
All I can get is that OPs Father died but you did not know till a few days after, and this post is about the anniversary of someone's death.

Please don't be offended of me asking this but;
Do people normally have an Anniversary about someone's death? Do they just morn in remembrance? The tittle just sounds odd.

I feel sorry for you though, I mean your father won't be there for your graduation, that's very sad indeed.
I hope that your father is in a good place in the afterlife.

CamulaHikari

Kami Kurai
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
DJ91990 said:
I am sorry but I do not understand what is going on much.
All I can get is that OPs Father died but you did not know till a few days after, and this post is about the anniversary of someone's death.

Please don't be offended of me asking this but;
Do people normally have an Anniversary about someone's death? Do they just morn in remembrance? The tittle just sounds odd.

I feel sorry for you though, I mean your father won't be there for your graduation, that's very sad indeed.
I hope that your father is in a good place in the afterlife.
The anniversary is of my dad's death. I don't know for sure, but from what I know anniversary is used for both fun and sad things. It's used for something that's yearly, right?
unsure.gif

Graduation was pretty sad indeed, and then it will be my 18 birthday this year and my dad and I used to have a promise... Then there will be my second graduation next year.
sad.gif

I like to think that too, I like to imagine that he's with my uncle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/