D2x v56 Rock Band Black screen issue

apg1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am setting with Homebrew and the D2x v58 v6176 cIOS. Using USB Loader GX for all of our games. Every game is working fine except for Band Hero.....it loads the main title but starting it freezes things up and a black screen. i've seen various posts on other sites talking about it but not quite sure how to handle it so thought i'd reach out here. I have the SysCheck and d2x cIOS installer apps loaded in case that helps. I saw something about switching to port 250 could help but not quite sure. we bought the wireless drum kit for my son for his birthday tomorrow and was hoping to have this ready for him so any. help would be appreciated! thank you!

apg1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the quick response! attached is the report. let me know if theres anything else i can get

Attachments

• sysCheck.csv.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 60

apg1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i saw some suggestions about configuring the usb loader to have a specific game load from a specific slot but quite sure how to do that

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Your cios 250 needs to be reinstalled, it's base 37 instead of 56, and it's version 6 instead of 10 beta 52

Then if 249 doesn't work, adjust the in game settings to switch to 250 and try again

Edit: drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe and it will tell you what to do (it will also suggest a few other minor changes).

Or u can resoftmod from square 1 using modmii's main wizard, it's safe to repeat steps and overwrite old mods, and you'll probably learn a lot along the way and it will be fast and easy

apg1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome thank you! that got the game working! one last question if anyone is familiar w/ this game....so i just have the wireless drum kit and when i tested the game this is what i see when its playing a song. i assumed it would stream individual colors to hit shouldnt it instead of the full color bar? maybe i'm just not setup right or something
IMG_20220223_160147.jpg

apg1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
good to know thank you! alright last thing....so its connecting and appears to be operating pretty normal.....however it seems somewhat unresponsive most of the time or i have to REALLY hit the pads to register. i've played guitar hero before but never used drums like this before to know what is normal

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Try playing from the disk channel with an actual disc to get a baseline indication of what their responsiveness should feel like.

You could also try installing hermes cios 223 with bases 37+38 and see if that gives u better results. It used to be the recommended cios for these types of games until d2x came along. If using modmii to help with this, enabled the hermes cios option in the settings.

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
awesome thank you! that got the game working! one last question if anyone is familiar w/ this game....so i just have the wireless drum kit and when i tested the game this is what i see when its playing a song. i assumed it would stream individual colors to hit shouldnt it instead of the full color bar? maybe i'm just not setup right or somethingView attachment 299342
Good to hear it's working. Wich drums model exactly do you have? I have the original warriors of rock one (round cymbals), and I always prefer to play on crt. There, input lag is minimal. Works pretty fine to me every compatible game, without any noticeable registration failure or lag , but it's official harmonix product. I was lucky and found very cheap online some time ago.

apg1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its the Band Hero wireless set if thats enough info. What do you mean CRT? (sorry im still learning the lingo :) ).

apg1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try playing from the disk channel with an actual disc to get a baseline indication of what their responsiveness should feel like.

You could also try installing hermes cios 223 with bases 37+38 and see if that gives u better results. It used to be the recommended cios for these types of games until d2x came along. If using modmii to help with this, enabled the hermes cios option in the settings.

awesome thanks for the tip! so if i already have d2x installed, how best would i also add hermes? i assume once i do that it would just be an option to change port 250 to use that instead right? the site for hermes downloads dont seem to be working of course now

Reactions: XFlak

apg1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright so i tested another band we had here , rock band - the beatles and that one works great. back to band hero and if i go through the calibration in the settings it all works fine there too but in the actual play im not sure if its like you have to REALLY hit the pads or just doesnt register.....but since its working on the other game i'd have to think the set is fine. (thank you again for the help here!)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
awesome thanks for the tip! so if i already have d2x installed, how best would i also add hermes? i assume once i do that it would just be an option to change port 250 to use that instead right? the site for hermes downloads dont seem to be working of course now
Enable the hermes cios option in modmii, then drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe as before, but this time it will help u install a few hermes cios's [the one you want to try out with this game is base 37+38, which will be installed to SLOT (not port) 223]

apg1979

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enable the hermes cios option in modmii, then drag and drop your syscheck.csv onto modmii.exe as before, but this time it will help u install a few hermes cios's [the one you want to try out with this game is base 37+38, which will be installed to SLOT (not port) 223]
ahh right sorry wrong phrase there! so humor me for a minute here.....so if i'm already fully soft modded, am i able to use modmii to JUST do that w/out having to redo it all? been about. a year since i went through it all so i coudlnt recall how i did it

Reactions: XFlak

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ahh right sorry wrong phrase there! so humor me for a minute here.....so if i'm already fully soft modded, am i able to use modmii to JUST do that w/out having to redo it all? been about. a year since i went through it all so i coudlnt recall how i did it
Correct

Modmii can help u incrementally update ONLY your outdated mods

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker